9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, sorry for being so dumb on the topic but I've never actually hooked a car up before, just always been satisfied with the power of whatever car I had (GTI and 335i in the past). Being that this is my first non turbo car since my college days and my 2005 civic vp with absolutely no power at all (maybe 110 hp at most), my 14 Si is plenty quick, but I miss having a little bit more punch. From reading around on the internet, I think that the best course of action would be to get it tuned. That's where I need help....

Does flash pro make your car run a lot better on its own or is it supposed to calibrate other add ons that people put into their cars? I know my car won't be a turbo, but the car is plenty fun to drive already, I just really need a tiny bit more kick if you know what Im trying to get at. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
732 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Good answer, Oldie.

Vit is a professional. He can make things happen. I definitely recommend starting here.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I agree with everyone above. If you just want a little more out of the SI, you can't go wrong with a vit tune. Just the tuned flashpro itself with no bolt-ons nets ok HP gains and an improved driving experience. Then if the modding bug bites you again, you can have vit retune after your parts are installed.
This forum has a plethora of information at your disposal!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flashpro is a tool. It doesn't do anything on it's own. You need a tuner like VitViper

Start here.

http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/ecu-tuning/9996-hondata-flashpro-faq.html
So with the Flashpro and the Vit tuner, what does a typical buy/install run? I'm not worried about cost at all, just want more power out of the car and I know it's possible, I'm just being 100% honest and saying I have no idea how to do it. The last 2 cars I've owned were pretty fast but I wanted to come back to Honda because I just love the company and wanted a reliable MT. Any help from you guys would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
So with the Flashpro and the Vit tuner, what does a typical buy/install run? I'm not worried about cost at all, just want more power out of the car and I know it's possible, I'm just being 100% honest and saying I have no idea how to do it. The last 2 cars I've owned were pretty fast but I wanted to come back to Honda because I just love the company and wanted a reliable MT. Any help from you guys would be much appreciated.
just go to http://vittuned.com/ And order flashpro and an ultimate tune and follow Vits instructions. All you have to do is follow the instructions that come with the Flashpro, check out the Hondata website they have videos on how it works, it plugs into your OBD2 port and you upload calibrations there is no install cost you do it yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts