9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Where did you read this? I'd like to check it out. So far I've only been able to find references in two of the usual automotive monthly rags that the Si will feature a de-tuned version of the FI 2.0L from the Type R. I hadn't found anything about a possible NA 2.4L.
Also, what do you mean 2.0L screamer with an 8250 rpm redline? On an FI engine, there's no need to spin that fast because of all the torque you'll get from boost. Where did you get this info? I'm not hating, but just want to check for myself. Thanks man!
I just called it a screamer because that's what I felt like calling it, lol.

Didn't read it anywhere. Watched it on one of HondaPro Jason's videos. Seems to be true considering Acura still uses the K24 with paddle shifters.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Snap! I'll have to go back through his videos and dig that little jewel up!
Hey, if it's in your recent history, could you put up the link?
Whew, I got a little excited there!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Snap! I'll have to go back through his videos and dig that little jewel up!
Hey, if it's in your recent history, could you put up the link?
Whew, I got a little excited there!
I'm starting to think it wasn't in Jason's videos because I can't find it. Some review said that the 2017 ILX's are going to have the 2.4L K24, which may be present with two models of the upcoming 2017 Honda Civic Si. Think he mentioned a base model with the K24 and another "Special Edition" with the 2.0L turbo (similar to the Type R).

But again, it's just rumor. I would much rather have a 2.0L NA that outputs the anticipated 230HP.

EDIT: The same video said the 2018 Accords are being entirely redesigned, too.

·
Registered
296 Posts
All wheel drive, sequential transmission . . . just like we can get. :rolleyes:
You think sequential gear boxes will ever be affordable as a standard feature for a future sports car? I think the only way i would ever leave a manual is unless i had a sequential, none of that cvt floppy paddleshift shit.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You think sequential gear boxes will ever be affordable as a standard feature for a future sports car? I think the only way i would ever leave a manual is unless i had a sequential, none of that cvt floppy paddleshift shit.
They already are. The MKVII GTI is plenty affordable and offers a lightning quick DSG. That being said, I truly hope Honda NEVER releases an Si equipped with an automatic transmission.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

41 - 45 of 45 Posts