9th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

· Registered
2015 MSM FB6
649 Posts
Welcome back to Cleveland, Lebron. Nah just playing LOL! I'm sure the 9th will be your best build to date!

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Looks great. I recommend going for a retrofit headlight setup (or UAE headlight setup) and morimoto xb led fog housing setup (direct bolt on with minimal trimming).
Sweet! Thanks for the input. I'll definitely look into those!

Welcome back to Cleveland, Lebron. Nah just playing LOL! I'm sure the 9th will be your best build to date!
LOL. Thanks! It's going well so far so hopefully it stays that way!

· Registered
2015 MSM FB6
649 Posts
How's the 9th gen community in Winston BTW? Seems like no one coastal side wants to link up.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
How's the 9th gen community in Winston BTW? Seems like no one coastal side wants to link up.
I honestly have no idea, haha! Theres a small local meet that was going on here during the fall and the "SI Club" or whatever seemed to have a pretty large gathering the couple of times that I stopped by. The one guy that had inquired about me joining said that they have alot of members around the area, I just havent met them yet haha!

· Registered
160 Posts
Nice build...Any thoughts on going F/I?

· Registered
2015 MSM FB6
649 Posts
Thanks! Haven't gotten that far yet. Just kind of going with the flow for now.
That's what I said too, now I'm debating if I want to make the purchase on a PRL intake or Kraftwerks S/C. Don't want to get the intake just to get rid of it. Waste of money IMO.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Her first snow!

Also, I forgot before that I had test fit the old wheels from my GLI on the Civic before I sold them. The overall look of them wasn't bad, but the amount of work needed to make them truly "fit" wasn't worth it.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Long time no talk! Updating this thread has totally slipped my mind. I haven't done much aside from drive the car, but some things are better than no things I suppose.

1. Added Mugen emblems to the rear spoiler
2. Added amber fog light over-lays
3. Replaced my OEM exhaust tip with stainless 3.75" round one.
4. Bought numerous shift knobs (LOL)
5. Added a leather hood bra
6. Replaced the Mugen skirts with Modulo skirts
7. Picked up a set of 17x9 Varrstoen ES3's with 225/45 Falkens

I unfortunately have no good pictures of anything, BUT i'll work on getting some ASAP and add them to the post!

· Truck? What truck?!
28,192 Posts
I can't believe I had not seen this thread before today.

A very belated welcome. Fun-to-read initial write-up and a great looking car. Love the silver.

· Registered
2015 MSM FB6
649 Posts
Looking forward for the new photo's brotha. Keep up the good work!

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Hello, Honda people!

Long time, no talk. I haven’t posted here in a good while, so I figured it wastime for an update while I kill this last hour in the office.

Since my last post, the car has been through quite a lot ofaction. It’s had three different sets of wheels, been hit by a semi, tracked afew times, and more. As of late things have calmed down (Thank Christ) and shenow sleeps happily in a new garage out of the wrath of mother nature.
So lets recap!

First, the wheels –
I had a few days inthe feels having flashbacks from when I had a stancey car, and impulse purchaseda set of Weds Kranze from a friend of mine with the intention of dumping thecar on it’s subframe and dragging it up and down the road with stupid camber inan ignorant manner. (17x9.5 +15, 4.0” flat lips.) That phase passed before Ieven mounted tires on the wheels, so I ended up trading them for a set of WorkEquips in more conservative specs. (17x8 +30, 17x9 +30). After a few weeks ofpolishing and attempting to source centers for them, I realized that I really hadno interest in flashy, “real” wheels any longer. With that being said, theywere sold the very next day and shipped off to Texas to a new home! I hadpicked up a set of 17” Rota Slipstreams quite a few months prior for a “Winter”/badweather setup. After eying them up for a few days I decided to give them athorough refinish and make them my primary wheels. I hadn’t seen any other FB6s(Or many other cars, at that) running 17” Slips, so I hooked them up with a newcoat of Satin Black powdercoat, “Spoon” decals, and anodized Red metallic valvestems/caps, then finished them off with a fresh set of Toyos. I’m prettycontent with the overall look, however I may upgrade to something a bit moresturdy in the near future for track use. Perfect for daily-ing, however!

The wreck –
So a few months ago I was traveling down the interstate whena rogue semi-truck wheel came flying out of God-knows-where and slammed thefront of the car at 70+MPH. I kept the car on the road to avoid a full-onwreck, however it mangled it up pretty good. (I was fine, by the way.Thankfully it didn’t travel through the windshield!)
Damage Included: Drivers headlight, drivers fog light, foglight bezel, lower grille, upper grille, front bumper cover, drivers fender,and drivers side skirt/rocker panel. Repairs totaled right under $3000, and putthe car out of commission for roughly three weeks. Bummer.

The Vision –
I’ve played around with all kinds of ideas with thisplatform – OEM+, track, stance, stock..ect. But having owned 20+ vehicles inthe last 7-8 years, there was one route that I hadn’t taken, and that route was..TRACK! So here we are, now roughly two years into owning the vehicle and I’mdedicated to building this thing to shred the track and look good doing it. I’veyet to begin digging under the hood aside from a basic DC Sports SRI, but it’stime is coming. For now, I’m focusing on suspension, handling, and overall improvedperformance.
Modification Updates–
Since my previous post, the cars received…

• DC Sports Short-Ram Intake
  • Custom 2.5” Cat-Back Exhaust à HKS Hi-Power Muffler
  • Truhart Coilovers
  • BWR Rear Subframe Brace
  • Paint-Matched Windshield Sun Strip
  • F1 Style Rear Brake Light
  • Buddyclub Short Shifter
  • Rota Slipstreams (17x8 +35)
  • Toyo Tires (225/45/17)
  • Mugen Fender Emblems

In the Works –
Custom 350z Front Bumper Ducts
Custom WRX STI Front Air Ducts
Hondata Flashpro
Acuity Short Shifter
All-Weather Floor Mats
Voltex GT Rear Wing (Debating)

That’s all for now. Feel free to follow me o IG for quicker updates!

@nicalbright

· Registered
367 Posts
Looking foward to see some pics of this me too ! :)

21 - 40 of 44 Posts