9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 15' Si Coupe and I noticed this new issue that happened twice today so far. I got into my car, went to push the Start button to start up the car, all the displays lit on and then just went black within a split second. As much as i step on the clutch and push the START/STOP button, nothing happens, no screen display, no indicator the car is starting. It was all a black screen. The dome lights worked fine but no head lights or emergency lights turned on. After waiting 10+ minutes, I step on the clutch and the START button lit up and car finally started up fine. Drives fine after.

I feel like this is an indicator something is starting to fail but I don't know where to start looking other than checking the battery and fuses in the fuse box. Has anyone else countered this problem before?

·
Registered
324 Posts
+1 on starting at the battery/terminals.

Caution there was a recent forum member that was in a similar situation, and replaced battery, then altenator. I cannot remember final outcome, but last I read the new alternator was giving him more problems than he had before hand. If you swap the alternator, id keep the old one until the new one proves good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
+1 on starting at the battery/terminals.

Caution there was a recent forum member that was in a similar situation, and replaced battery, then altenator. I cannot remember final outcome, but last I read the new alternator was giving him more problems than he had before hand. If you swap the alternator, id keep the old one until the new one proves good.

Thanks for the response guys. I checked the terminals already and they look good. Clean no corrosion or frayed wires and tightly secured to the terminals. I also tested the battery and that was good too. I'm hoping those two times were the only times this issue happened but I'm pretty sure it will rear its head again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts