9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Im just wondering if they make them yet for out cars? I have a coupe. Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
If you don't mind having the license plate in the same spot you could flip it upside down. It might work. Never tried it myself though.

·
Registered
256 Posts
You can use zip ties and attach it to the grill, that's what i did, i also flipped the plate holder upside down, they both work although it might block air flow to the radiator because it will be right in front of it if you flip it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i hate using front license plates. i don't see the purpose of it. but here in NY you'll wake up with a ticket on your windshield if you don't have front plates.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking more along the lines of a kit that mounts under the left headlight. Any ideas?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Has nobody though about making a bracket that uses one of the threaded holes that the dealer plate bracket bolts to? I've only had my Civic for a week and it's been raining every day. I'll try to look at it this weekend and see if I can fab up a bracket then let you guys know how it turns out. I think I still have a JDM plate bracket and some aluminum flat bar in my garage from a past project.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You can flip it upside down. Or you can do the flip + offset it to one side. But if you want it anywhere else, holes in the bumper it is my kind sir.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I forgot about this thread lol, for a while i had it zip tied to the left side of the lower grill and of recently I used some velcro and stuck it to the space right under the left headlight and I think it looks great! It is exactly what I wanted the only down side I see as of now is if I decide to put it back to stock, the velcro, when I take it off will probably take some of the paint with it... Here is a pic :) image (19).jpg

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is it considered legal to not mount the front plate on the bumper if you have it displayed in the windshield?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
According to my criminal justice teacher, in the state of New York, your license plate must be centered on the front bumper. I know it has to be front bumper but he is the only one so far that has said it needs to be centered and tbh I dont know where he is coming from. I have read the penal law book's, asked on the internet (must be correct) and seen many trucks and jeeps with it off centered. I am going to say he didnt make up the center part but maybe got confused :p. Also I have had my plate to the left on my jeep as well and never had a problem.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I changed my location again, I flipped it and offset it to the left side. I used one factory bolt and then i trimmed off half of the unused tab. I then used some velcro to keep it in place. Out of the 5 different LP setup's Ive had, this is by FAR my favorite. photo (9).jpg
The other photo is just for stock comparison, sorry for the unfairness in the pics as the one with a stock plate is edited.

Attachments

Reactions: jkeis862

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
Then I guess if you're stuck with the plate somewhere on the front you can always leave it in one place for a few months then move it. There's gotta be at least 5 places you can mount it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
The "plateless" front look enhances so much. We have the law here in TX as well. I carry mine around and in times or locations to where I might run into the [you know who], I throw it up on the dash to be safe. There is a cycle popo that likes to sit in a major intersection off the highway around lunch time that I pass at least once a week so I make sure and have it within view. He appears to be checkin tags/ Inspection and seat belt. Outside of that, it's off fer good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts