9th Gen Civic Forum banner

No SI's on lots nor showrooms?

4K views 32 replies 23 participants last post by  ijeff 
#1 ·
I went to the Honda dealership located in Columbia, MD yesterday to test drive the new SI. I first walked around and noticed that there was everything but the SI. So I asked the salesman where they all were and he replied that they only recieved one a month. Still confused I asked if they had any in the showroom that I could see and he said that there were none. I would figure they would have atleast one in the showroom but no.....I then asked how would one get to test drive the new SI and he replied that when they have one, it would be available to test drive. So I'm guessing everyone with their SI's that didn't preorder had someone or multiple persons drive their cars! He also told me that it was a 200 dollar deposit if I wanted to preorder. I have never preordered a car before so sorry if I don't know how everything works. I then called the nearest Honda to see if they had any SI's at all and they said no. Hot commodity??? or limited??? Being already at the dealership I test drove the CRZ for fun. Pretty nice but like all hybrids SLOW! But niceeee. Is it like this in other dealerships???

#2 ·
When I drive to get my oil changed I never see any si's. I believe I bought the last one in my area. It only had 4 miles on before I test drove it. Im hoping they get more out there. We need more ppl in them or need the new refreshed ones out so more parts can come out for them.

Sent via Cam Hend's tab

#4 ·
The Si is a limited model. Considering its a MT only model and MTs are a small percentage of the total Civics built, you can bet its gonna be hard to find one just sitting on a lot. The only time I've seen a new Si sitting on a lot was the EP3. Most dealers will ask for a deposit or have a waiting list. I found my car half way up the state and they held it off the showroom floor without a deposit for 2 weeks until I could get there and purchase it.

If you find a dealer your willing to work with on purchasing a Si, you may want to see if there's a straight mark up or dealer packages. I wouldn't pay a markup on a vehicle and I like getting my car before they molest it with overpriced accessories.

#5 ·
There aren't many SI's around in MA either. I haven't seen another one in my area since I got mine in August with 2 miles on it. I didn't pre order it either. The dealer contacted me when they ordered it to see if I was interested since I had a 2008 SI from them. It took a about 2-3 weeks to come in and I don't think they've had another one since then. A 9th Gen member awhile back had suggested to check on cars.com and narrow your search by style, miles from zip code, etc. Good luck in your hunt! I love mine.

#6 ·
i bought a si from browns in glen burnie. You may of seen me riding around in the asm coupe, soon after i bought mine, a dyno blue pearl sedan was sitting on the lot. Let me know whats up.

#9 ·
There are more Si`s getting built every day. Hard to keep up with demand!
Do you have a delivery date for your own yet Blueribbon? Must be tough to see them all pass through your hands and not be able to own one.

#8 ·
At the time I bought mine there were exactly zero in my entire state. Keep calling dealers within a "reasonable" distance from you and hope you can locate one for a test drive. In the meantime get that local dealer to call you when it receives the next one on their lot in case you cannot find one somewhere close enough to get a test drive.

Honda only makes a limited number of Si's and not every dealer will even be offered the chance to get one for their lot. My local dealership has not had one to sell (8th or 9th Gen) in over three years actually.

#11 ·
How many of you guys that build them are buying them?

Hang in there at least now you have a confirmed order now.

#12 ·
I bought mine from northwest in Owings mills there was a dealership 3 weeks ago that called and had a Fiji blue I got the ASM so I'm happy

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

#14 ·
i bought mine on faith alone... my test drive was when i drove it off the lot to take it home

#16 ·
Have you checked cars.com? thats how I found mine before even stepping foot in a dealership, One dealer tried to charge me $6k over MSRP because they had to buy it from Honda of Annapolis, never called back or answered their calls.
Heres a link of all the Si's Currently around me in Frederick,MD 100mi radius New Honda Civic in 21702 - Cars.com

#17 ·
Have you checked cars.com? thats how I found mine before even stepping foot in a dealership, One dealer tried to charge me $6k over MSRP because they had to buy it from Honda of Annapolis, never called back or answered their calls.
Heres a link of all the Si's Currently around me in Frederick,MD 100mi radius New Honda Civic in 21702 - Cars.com
Good idea, I found a bunch of black ones and one white. Damn the closest rr is 47 miles away lol

#21 ·
no problem, what part of MD you from? good to see some MD'ers around here...cars.com really helped me find my si sedan, Criswell Honda really gave me a good deal too..

#25 ·
I didn't "order" mine per se, but I put a 2 month deposit in on one.

I went to buy one on Dec.30, and they didn't have any manual LX coupe's in Western Canada, and none were on the delivery list... at all. They kept trying to push me into an auto, but I'm not paying $1200 extra for something I don't need FFS. So I put a deposit down (so I could get the rates/$1000 deal from Dec.), and had it in writing that if they can't get me a manual LX coupe in any colour except black (too much washing in winter, lol), by Feb.29, I get my deposit back.

It took a month, but they just called me a week ago to tell me they found a blue one, and it'll be delivered in the next couple of weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.