9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most proably are going to say why, but i have a heavy braking foot. Has anyone upgraded brakes rotors to high performance rotors like spotted and drilled. what brand. I am looking at ebc. I hage used them in the past. I have a12 ex

·
Registered
748 Posts
Stoptech and dont need both drilled and slotted thats overkill slotted will suffice and either their pads or hawk hps pads.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I just went cheap on mine, Amazon. Drilled and slotted (overkill, but looks nice, limited options at the time). Power stop street warrior, was $306 for all 4 corners. They are not the best brakes, but im not planning to stop from 100mph several times in a row. I'm somewhere close to 390whp, and they have brought me to a stop sufficiently.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,100 Posts
I know most proably are going to say why, but i have a heavy braking foot. Has anyone upgraded brakes rotors to high performance rotors like spotted and drilled. what brand. I am looking at ebc. I hage used them in the past. I have a12 ex
There's a heavy braking foot, and there's a heavy braking foot at high speeds for sustained periods of time.

Rotors with holes in them are for cooling, usually necessitated by driving at, and braking from, racing speeds. If you have a heavy foot but are doing just normal street driving, then replacing perfectly good stock rotors is a waste of time and money. Learn how to manage your braking more effectively and efficiently, and extend the life of your pads and rotors.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have stoptech slotted and drilled sport rotors. I prefer slotted but it was cheaper this way. $100 for the front and $60 rear axle pack. Best brake I've owned.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do drive at high speeds. I like the overkill. I like the added proctection. The stock rotors i warp theb replace. Noe cars out of warnity i wabted a nice upgrade. Welcome to florida. I drive fast alot. Also using brakes hard in the exit ramps and such. Corners are fun.

·
Registered
31 Posts
No just normal driving. I work day time now with traffic. I used to work nights and drive windy (curvy) road. Felt like the only car on the road. Now I dont have a chance. For the price it could be centric rotors with stoptech labeling. Same company.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,100 Posts
Moved to Suspension & Brakes.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I have Stoptech Cryo Slotted rotors and Sport pads along with their SS lines and Pentosin DOT4LV fluid. I like them. Pads felt better then those Hawk HP+ i had before that..

MArko!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts