9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Been looking into getting some sort of forced induction into my 12’ si coupe. I’ve currently got invidia Q300 cat back, skunk2 cold air intake, Skunk2 intake manifold, and Ktuned Catless downpipe. (On KtunerV2) I want power but nothing insane, looking at anywhere between 350-400 would be my goal (yeah I know still a bit much, but not too crazy). I wouldn’t mind a supercharger, but I figure a turbo would be easier to hit those numbers while staying reliable. Any recommendations on brands and turbo kits? Also would need a new clutch/flywheel, inter cooler, and fuel delivery (obviously) and I’d love some recommendations on those too. Thanks!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Hello. Been looking into getting some sort of forced induction into my 12’ si coupe. I’ve currently got invidia Q300 cat back, skunk2 cold air intake, Skunk2 intake manifold, and Ktuned Catless downpipe. (On KtunerV2) I want power but nothing insane, looking at anywhere between 350-400 would be my goal (yeah I know still a bit much, but not too crazy). I wouldn’t mind a supercharger, but I figure a turbo would be easier to hit those numbers while staying reliable. Any recommendations on brands and turbo kits? Also would need a new clutch/flywheel, inter cooler, and fuel delivery (obviously) and I’d love some recommendations on those too. Thanks!
supercharger will be your easiest in terms of bolt on. Just replace your IM (if you're going with MercRacing) or just add the kit to the motor (KW kit). With that, you'll be able to hit those numbers. I was pushing 384whp on pump with a MercRacing TVS1900 kit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Like the other guy said supercharger is pretty simply compared to turbo.

If you go turbo though just cause sutututu, i highly recommend prl kit although it’s the most expensive (i think). It’ll come with a massive intercooler and all the proper fittings and such. I’d you opt for a garrett turbo they might send you the wrong oil fittings/clamps like they did mine but they will overnight the correct ones if they do.

i went with competition clutch/flywheel and i love it,lightweight flywheel helps a lot imo. Makes the car rev way quicker

1000cc injector dynamic
Dw265 pump

A 3 inch

put a 7.5psi spring in and call it a day

install took my father and i a little over 20 hours total. We have a lift so of course that helped a lot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts