9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Cool, excited to see how this turns out!

What's the plan for the software side of the media hub? Is it gonna just connect via bluetooth (probably easier than wiring stuff in, no?) and are you planning on any further integration?

People have proposed hacking iMID to get a modifications, better audio interface, etc, but this would be a much better idea for that. In fact, if you wired up a backup camera and hooked it up to the Nook (maybe difficult, but probably possible; at the very least, use a USB or Bluetooth webcam, run it in an Android app or even in a Processing based app (easy way to convert and format live data) and display it that way). Come to think of it, if this turns out well, and if it's possible to hook up a back up camera, I'm definitely doing this :D

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the software side I have rooted the Nook and flashed a custom Gingerbread 2.3 CyanogenMod 7 Rom. I am using Power Amp for the music player. I will be connecting the nook through an AUX cable which will be built into the mount. The build is truly multimedia focused. I want a device to store all of my music and video as well as have high speed internet access. The nook runs circles around all of these demands and is going to look sick when its done!

While I like the thought of the iMID system, Honda needs to just release new firmware that gives users more features and customization. Integrating a Table device like the nook will give me some great features. When tied with my Droid Charge I get 4g connectivity to supply Netflix, HBOGo, Youtube, Pandora, and much, much more.

I will post more pictures Saturday of this project as well as the Fiber Glass sub boxes I posted earlier. They are gonna be ready soon! Anyone interested in getting some of these boxes send me a PM!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ah, nice, sounds like a great idea!

I'm debating between doing a flashed NC (available for cheaper from here) or just using an LCD screen and backup camera like this.

I like the media hub aspect of the NC, but having a backup camera would be sick too... and without external webcam drivers available for Android, it doesn't look like I can do both D:

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm quite interested in this build. How are you tying the nook to your Charge? Is your Charge rooted as well and you're planning to use a root wi-fi tether app? or are you using Verizon's wi-fi hotspot from your Charge?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts