9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys, yesterday i installed my ultimate racing ceramic high flow downpipe and i believe i did not connect the pins of the o2 sensor to their corresponding location because i got a cel right away. what can i do!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey immajackuup, i have a defouler should i just use it for the top part of the down pipe?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the catted downpipe though. I put the 02 sensor with the green wire to the corresponding relocation

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I connected my defouler and some how the cel came back on. FML!!! idk what to do!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know that is what i am saying, i disconnect the pins on the o2 sensor on the top, you think i might have no connected them back the right way or it doesnt matter?

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
just becareful when uninstalling/installing the 02 senors as they are really sensitive. Hopefully u didn't drop it or hit it with something or else you'll have to buy a new one unless you know how to splice the wires for a cheaper replacement.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im effed dude by mistake i unpinned them and i have to buy a new one, thank god i have a friend who works at honda, so i kind of got a hook up lol. I wont make the same mistake this time though

just becareful when uninstalling/installing the 02 senors as they are really sensitive. Hopefully u didn't drop it or hit it with something or else you'll have to buy a new one unless you know how to splice the wires for a cheaper replacement.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Upstream O2 Sensor

Hey Guys, I installed my catless downpipe today, and when screwing back on the upstream o2 sensor into the new down pipe, the wires ripped out of the plug. When everything was done, the car started, but a CEL came on (like I was expecting). Is it harmful to drive with this O2 sensor out, even though I am catless? Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
The wires ripped out of the plug?! Can you take a picture of what you're talking about? Is it possible to splice them back together? I recently replaced the catted downpipe in my Fit with a catless downpipe and had to screw in the oxygen sensor too. I just wound it up the wrong way, then screwed it in so that the wires wouldn't be all twisted (if that makes any sense). I also bought a check engine light fix (CHECK ENGINE LIGHT FIX) which has seemed to work so far in getting rid of the check engine light. I knew the original cause of the light coming on (too much exhaust through the downpipe) and wanted to get rid of it should something else happen which would cause the light to come on, but be masked by the catless downpipe already causing the error. I would say that driving with wires hanging down is not a good thing. Either tuck them under somewhere or fix the harness. Good luck!

·
Registered
176 Posts
ordered a new one. 190 dollars. Really frustrating.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Same thing happen to me, I also almost ripped the wires off the plug. I had to buy a new fuel air ratio sensor from honda. $100

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I didnt unplug it like an a-hole, which cost me $100 for a new sensor lol

how are you guys doing this? are you not unplugging it?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I assume the upstream O2 sensor is the secondary O2 sensor? If you have FlashPro, disable the secondary O2 sensor. I just installed a Bosch LSU 4.9 wideband O2 sensor on my secondary bung of the RV6 downpipe, fired the car up, and no CEL.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts