9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Photoshop Masta
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys. I have a weird sound coming from the driver side pillar, right by the tweeter. It literally sounds like ice breaking/crackling. It's odd 'cause it only happens for about 5 minutes or so (sporadically) and then it goes away. Happens almost every morning/late night. It's been cold (mid 30's) at night lately, I'm hoping it's just the cold weather. What do you guys think?

Here's video of the sound.

·
Photoshop Masta
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oddly enough...my coworker who has a Focus ST says she hears very similar noises in the morning coming from her passenger side pillar. From that, I guess it's just the really cold weather mixed with 'breaking in' noises of the plastic rubbing. No biggie. Just hope it doesn't get worse (louder).

·
Registered
276 Posts
Mine does the same thing. It's mentioned in another thread actually. Ever since the temperature has been colder, it has been doing it. It's from both sides and it sounds as though its coming from where the dash meets the windshield. It could be anything in that area though.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Photoshop Masta
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Mine does the same thing. It's mentioned in another thread actually. Ever since the temperature has been colder, it has been doing it. It's from both sides and it sounds as though its coming from where the dash meets the windshield. It could be anything in that area though.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Yeah. That's what I thought. It's not a huge issue though 'cause I normally drive with the stereo bumpin....I was just curious! Thanks.

Edit: Did some thread searching and I found THIS thread. That explains it. Should've searched before making this thread...Drrrr! Well, I'm informed.

·
Registered
303 Posts
A pillar area also.

Going over bumps. Never goes away. Started a couple of days ago. I live in thailand. The temperature never changes. It's hot and hotter.

It's not random, it's when going over a bump that makes the body vibrate or some kind of uneven surface. Doesn't happen every time.

I put my ear over that area but you can't pinpoint a specific point where the noise is coming from just from the driver front pillar/dash general area.

No idea.

Any suggestions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts