9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I might be slow to the party. But when I had my OEM wheels off my Si after close inspection I found out that they were made by Enkei..... interesting!!

IMG_2901.jpg
:eek:mg:

Attachments

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
Pretty much all of the wheels on this Civic are make by Enkei.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Registered
236 Posts
I also noticed that. Problem is enkei rims are suppose to be light and I haven't put them on a scale personally but I saw somewhere on this site they were 23.5 lbs. That's heavy. Please correct me if someone has personally seen them on the scale.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
I weighed both my stock Si and HFP wheels and they're 23 lbs.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'd say that at least 80% of all the OEM Honda/Acura wheels in the last 20 years have been made by Enkei. So, the fact that the new Civic wheels are Enkeis are no surprise at all.

Also, Enkei makes the wheels to Honda's spec. Honda over-engineers their wheels--they pretty much always have. That's why OEM Honda wheels are usually pretty heavy (not that cast aluminum is light in the first place), especially when you compare them to Mazda wheels (which are also made by Enkei, only Mazda specs them much lighter).

And yes OP, you're really slow to the party :)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
The wheels on the acura nsx are enkies, good brand i have a set of 17 inch Enkie RPF1's and they are 15 lbs a rim much lighter then the Si stock wheels

Sent from my SGH-I727R using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
I also noticed that. Problem is enkei rims are suppose to be light and I haven't put them on a scale personally but I saw somewhere on this site they were 23.5 lbs. That's heavy. Please correct me if someone has personally seen them on the scale.

factory wheels have different spec than aftermarket... thus better & stronger wheel = heavier wheel

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'd say that at least 80% of all the OEM Honda/Acura wheels in the last 20 years have been made by Enkei. So, the fact that the new Civic wheels are Enkeis are no surprise at all.

Also, Enkei makes the wheels to Honda's spec. Honda over-engineers their wheels--they pretty much always have. That's why OEM Honda wheels are usually pretty heavy (not that cast aluminum is light in the first place), especially when you compare them to Mazda wheels (which are also made by Enkei, only Mazda specs them much lighter).

And yes OP, you're really slow to the party :)

Maybe slow to the party but hey started a good convo for my first thread posting haha

:2thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts