9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, the clutch on my 2012 SI (coupe 2door) is near the end of its life, and my question is, which clutch should I buy? And which brands do I stay away from? My car it's Stock

I have been looking for OEM kit for the same car in EXEDY brand, but my surprise was big to learn that Exedy doesn't make OEM clutch replacement kit for the SI k24z7

I have looked at Rockauto.com but I don't know which brand is recommended as EXEDY (OEM replacement KIT not performance)

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

on ebay I have found an EXEDY kit apparently compatible with my SI, but it indicates that it should be used with HONDATA. Why should it be used with Hondata if the car is Stock?

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Font Camera lens Material property

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
These questions have been asked and answered multiple times search it up basically if the flywheel is different weight than stock a ECU program ie. Hondata is required so the car doesn't throw codes.
sure, but I haven't found anything regarding an OEM clutch KIT for the SI. The ones offered at Rockauto.com, for example, I don't know what would be the best option as OEM for the Civic SI k24 ... I thought that Exedy would have something but there is nothing for K24 in that brand

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

There is a KIT for ACURA TSX in EXEDY brand, which I understand is the same as the Civic SI 2012 K24. Is this real? it's compatible? In my country there are not many more options than to buy from the authorized HONDA dealer, but you have to pay for the spare parts in gold (lol), so my only option is to import it from the USA.

Acura TSX Clucth KIT Rockauto.com

Product Rectangle Font Parallel Technology

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The requirement for hondata is related to aftermarket flywheels. If you are just getting the clutch disc and pressure plate then any of the ones listed on rock auto should be fine. Also, exedy does make an oe kit for these cars. Part# HCK1015
You should have your oe flywheel resurfaced when installing a new friction disc.
The tsx kit you linked is not the same, as you can see in the product description, the clutch is a different size.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The requirement for hondata is related to aftermarket flywheels. If you are just getting the clutch disc and pressure plate then any of the ones listed on rock auto should be fine. Also, exedy does make an oe kit for these cars. Part# HCK1015
You should have your oe flywheel resurfaced when installing a new friction disc.
The tsx kit you linked is not the same, as you can see in the product description, the clutch is a different size.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Hoo thanks dude!! You've helped me a lot with the EXEDY part number.

I really appreciate your help, I will start looking for a distributor that makes international shipments, since in my country (Chile) there is nothing outside of an authorized Honda distributor, which as I mentioned the prices are charged in gold at the time of purchase ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts