9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am going to have to replace my pads and rotors soon, since my steering wheel shakes slightly during hard braking. I have no engine mods.

OEM rotors and pads have lasted me about 7years now. WHY should i go anything besides OEM??

·
Registered
96 Posts
And how many miles?

If you’re not doing any performance driving then yeah. Go for it. I’ve had hawk hps pads last over 100k miles of driving. Those are my go to daily driver pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts
Just want to throw this out there, regardless of your definition of performance, I'd price OEM and some other brakes. If your looking for stopping power, OEM is made to last for along time and perform adequately. Aftermarket is made stop very well but not be great for normal driving, or be quiet and cheap, quiet and less dust, or anything in between (often cheaper than OEM).

If your not worried about price, and don't care for any more of any type of performance, OEM is best.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have almost 180,000km on my front pads and rotors. They are due to be changed on my 2013. The rears, though, I'm about to install my third set. So, I plan to install OEM on the fronts and quality aftermarket parts for the rear. No point in spending Honda money on Honda parts if aftermarket will do just fine... Hopefully aftermarket will last just as long on the rears. I bought Centric rotors for the rear and Akebono pads.. If they last 2 years it'll be on par, and cheaper, than OEM.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have almost 180,000km on my front pads and rotors. They are due to be changed on my 2013. The rears, though, I'm about to install my third set. So, I plan to install OEM on the fronts and quality aftermarket parts for the rear. No point in spending Honda money on Honda parts if aftermarket will do just fine... Hopefully aftermarket will last just as long on the rears. I bought Centric rotors for the rear and Akebono pads.. If they last 2 years it'll be on par, and cheaper, than OEM.
If I read this right, your -REAR- pads wear faster than the FRONT? How long did your first set of rear pads last?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I still have factory rears on mine at 80k. They are just now due for replacement.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If I read this right, your -REAR- pads wear faster than the FRONT? How long did your first set of rear pads last?
I am the same way. I’m still on my OEM front pads at over 152,000 miles. I’m on probably my third set of rear pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts