9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
How about adding type of FI to the list for each member? "Turbo" or "SC" perhaps?
Just changed it around, figured in the FI/AM column we can just specify what type it is and it will imply Forced Induction.

And yeah can't wait to see the other PRL kits I know have been installed on this list. It's so much fun. :p

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
yeah I dont think the CT-e supercharger was meant to make 400hp to the wheels

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Kraftwerks just came out with their 9th gen kit and they are only making 330hp and 240tq I believe.. nowhere near what turbo will get

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

The KW kit also has no room for improvement, it's basically what you see is what you get. No upgrading anything on that based on the thread.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Just seems like its not gonna go anywhere... took them this long to come out with it and now their numbers arent that great at all... seems to be disappointment

Somewhat, if what you want is an install and forget it type thing then it is definitely the supercharger for you if you don't want to modify it or get additional addons (like the aftercoolers on the CT one). Otherwise the CT kit with the whine, extra potential, and awesome looks seems like it is the winner.

Luckily, we don't have to worry about all that. PRL Turbo kit is amazing and can be turned up or down at will :p So happy with that choice!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Somewhat, if what you want is an install and forget it type thing then it is definitely the supercharger for you if you don't want to modify it or get additional addons (like the aftercoolers on the CT one). Otherwise the CT kit with the whine, extra potential, and awesome looks seems like it is the winner.

Luckily, we don't have to worry about all that. PRL Turbo kit is amazing and can be turned up or down at will :p So happy with that choice!
Amen to that

·
Boston...we will not forget!!!!
1,246 Posts

for me it was the cost of the PRL kit and the difficulty of returning the car to stock. Thats why i went the the CT s/c, it was half the price. I dont need 400hp. it'd be nice...... But it would just cost me too much in tires and tickets. lol.

·
Registered
865 Posts
for me it was the cost of the PRL kit and the difficulty of returning the car to stock. Thats why i went the the CT s/c, it was half the price. I dont need 400hp. it'd be nice...... But it would just cost me too much in tires and tickets.

Yeah... I think if someone opts for a supercharger over a turbo, CT is gonna be the FAR BETTER option.. I cant believe kraftwerks has taken so long to come out with 9th gen and then their numbers are pretty disappointing for lack of options and cost of kit

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
for me it was the cost of the PRL kit and the difficulty of returning the car to stock. Thats why i went the the CT s/c, it was half the price. I dont need 400hp. it'd be nice...... But it would just cost me too much in tires and tickets. lol.

Yeah if I ever have to return it to stock I will be sad. Especially paying for it to go back to stock, so counter intuitive! Also, tires are about to be my fun soon. Looking for a Michelin sale... haha.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The quest for 400+

Hello, I'm building a K24Z3, which is internally the same as your K24Z7. I often come here for information on my turbo build. I enjoy your forum, there is more information about building this motor and there is a lot more technical information as well when compared to Acurazine. I recently finished my turbo project, that should easily produce over 400 hundred horse power. There was a little mishap on the dino, here are a couple of videos.
. Enjoy the video, now installing Brian Crower rods, and Wiesco pistons, supertech valves and springs, also port and polished cylinder head exhaust port. here is 350whp http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gCNUEcmTZrI[/video]

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Looks great! Keep it coming. :) Sorry about your pistons. Makes me worried about our stock A/F sensor! It reads just off from the wideband though. They seem to be somewhat similar. Same with Boost Gauge/MAP sensor little off but not so much that it seems to set off any alarms.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well it's back together, I built the motor with wiesco 9.1 compression pistons Brian Crower h beam rods supertech Inconel and black nitrid valves spring kit and titanium retainers, that sucker better hold together now because I'm broke now, getting it tuned with VitViper right now, on my 11th map feels good, not going on the dyno for a bit kind of scared like a little girl after the last time I was on it, I will post up Vits Edyno graphs when I'm done.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Well it's back together, I built the motor with wiesco 9.1 compression pistons Brian Crower h beam rods supertech Inconel and black nitrid valves spring kit and titanium retainers, that sucker better hold together now because I'm broke now, getting it tuned with VitViper right now, on my 11th map feels good, not going on the dyno for a bit kind of scared like a little girl after the last time I was on it, I will post up Vits Edyno graphs when I'm done.
Nice man... cant wait to what you put out... thats gonna be one hell of a sweet ride

21 - 40 of 89 Posts