9th Gen Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
8,201 Posts
its a 102 stroke k20 2.6

building a 106 stroke k24 for this season. will be 2697cc's. will make some more hp up top but the mid range is going to be the big difference.
BC crank I presume on the duece.?

Question is,who's making the crank on the 24?custom PistonS?I don't know of anyone making readily available 89.75 pistons.pretty high cr regardless.almost 14 if memory serves right.diesel territory.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
125 Posts
BC crank I presume on the duece.?

Question is,who's making the crank on the 24?custom PistonS?I don't know of anyone making readily available 89.75 pistons.pretty high cr regardless.almost 14 if memory serves right.diesel territory.

the piston is 90mm. It's a custom piston only available through Prayoonto. It's 16:1+ with the 106. The head chamber is modified via cnc for max compression

Yes bc crank. The 106 crank is BC also. Its a special material forging

Big difference other than displacement with the new motor is it will have aluminum rods instead of steel. About 80 grams lighter per rod.

·
Registered
8,201 Posts
the piston is 90mm. It's a custom piston only available through Prayoonto. It's 16:1+ with the 106. The head chamber is modified via cnc for max compression

Yes bc crank. The 106 crank is BC also. Its a special material forging

Big difference other than displacement with the new motor is it will have aluminum rods instead of steel. About 80 grams lighter per rod.
Wth?billet rods?lol damn you trying to rev to 15k?
I was going to say a 90 mm piston would put you over 2.7
But if your recessing the piston in the head then I see it now.oversized valves probably too?.
Well hope you get titanium cogs and cobalt/carbon synchros or something ,definitely won't be having any transmissions to handle for awhile.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wth?billet rods?lol damn you trying to rev to 15k?
I was going to say a 90 mm piston would put you over 2.7
But if your recessing the piston in the head then I see it now.oversized valves probably too?.
Well hope you get titanium cogs and cobalt/carbon synchros or something ,definitely won't be having any transmissions to handle for awhile.

106x90 is 2697 cc's

i have a 4 speed straight cut dog engagement PPG transmission. yes it has oversized valves. my cyl head flows about 380cfm.

the rods are aluminum to save weight. same with why the piston looks the way it does. every gram = power. if i had 3000 for a carbon clutch and aluminum flywheel that would free up more power compared to the standard steel flywheel and ceramic discs most people use.

·
Registered
8,201 Posts
106x90 is 2697 cc's

i have a 4 speed straight cut dog engagement PPG transmission. yes it has oversized valves. my cyl head flows about 380cfm.

the rods are aluminum to save weight. same with why the piston looks the way it does. every gram = power. if i had 3000 for a carbon clutch and aluminum flywheel that would free up more power compared to the standard steel flywheel and ceramic discs most people use.
So let me get this straight,this a solid k24 right?dump exhaust vs quad exhaust?I'm lost.
What's 3 grand when there's already a lot of engine work?

The day some company decides to figure out a solution to utilize an automatic with a custom high stall converter,that will change the game entirely.trans brake and all.millions of automatics laying around.now imagine a powerglide style tranny with a trans brake holding at 9k.big game changer.no mis-shifts
oh well that's one advantage domestic autos will have for a long time.I can easily guarantee you that's half to a full second faster.just need to be able to hook up.and your good

·
Registered
125 Posts
In All motor manual/sequential trans will always be king. Look at pro stock Nhra. Every hp counts. A torque converter eats hp for breakfast

big thing to shoot your post down is none of that is allowed in my class. Oem trans case must be utilized.

The 8 sec pro stock all motor class can use a sequential but it's a weight penalty. A cheap one is like 15k.

·
Banned
2,669 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
This shit is ridiculous ..... lol

bastards >_>

good stuff though that is awesome. 400+ whp civic....no one would know what hit em :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well I'll be able to join soon. I have the full race 70/64, but it doesn't want to hold more than 8lbs of boost. Made [email protected] Can't wait til it will actually hold boost =D. Also anyone else have the full race kit and having problems with the internal wastegate by chance?

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
RSX2SI How do you feel about the Twin Plate Clutch? I'm debating running Twin Plate or Stage 5 single disc

61 - 80 of 89 Posts