9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Honda Civic Si Coupe in polished metal just arrived this morning! Still in factory plastic and ready for delivery! no HFP Aero Kit this time

call Marvin for any questions

South Bay Honda
920 Thompson St.
Milpitas,CA 95035
www.southbayhonda.com
408-712-8493

*pics will be up by the end of the day

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
I'm with you. I don't see anything.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry guys, i took pics from my htc thunderbolt and uploaded on verizon. car is sold but i'll see if i can use a different pic uploader.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Best buying experience ever!

Hi All,

I live in Los Angeles area. I have been in the market for the Si for a couple months now. Was unable to make a deal with any of the dealers out here because of how hard it was to get a deal out of them. I was in no hurry, so I waited. Searched cars.com and dealer websites pretty much every day or other day for new inventory.

Found a Si east of Sacramento. Made a fair offer via email. Was told initially they can't accept that offer. However, I was surprised a week later when the internet department contacted me and said they would accept the offer. From that point we must have exchanged 30-40 emails and 2-3 phone calls. I had tons of questions, credit issues, and a trade in. They answered all my questions, gave me fair rates with not so good credit, and offered my trade $500 more than Carmax without seeing it in person(I sent many photos). Never once did I feel I was a pain in the ass to them.

We finally agreed on a deal. Me and the wife took a 6+ hour drive north to pick up the car. The car and the contract was ready when we got there. The sales person was even nicer and more accommodating in person. My wife who was totally against this purchase completely changed her attitude after meeting with our sales person. We were in and out within an hour. Still had time to make it to Monterey Bay Aquarium 3 hours before they closed. Took the scenic 101 home for the first time the next day. I was in heaven in my new ride and checking out the spectacular view.

This may sound like an add, but it's not. I just want to let my fellow Civic and Honda owners know that you can be treated with respect and actually enjoy your buying experience. I won't advertise where I bought it or who I dealt with, but you can pm me if you want that information. Trust me you won't be disappointed.

I know there are lots of bad press with the new Civics. I came from a '08 Civic Ex. Yes there are lots of plastic, but I'm buying a $24k car with decent performance, good fuel economy, and a car that will last forever. This is not a luxury car. The electronics and ride of the car is very nice. I'm sure that is the reason a better interior was sacrificed. I highly doubt I will buy a Si that cost $26k+. With the continued limited 2012 Si production and a rumored 2013 redesign. The 2012 Si's will probably be a extremely rare car.

Sorry for the long post, but thought I would share an exceptional experience.

View attachment 789

·
Blues Clues
1,002 Posts
Hi All,

I live in Los Angeles area. I have been in the market for the Si for a couple months now. Was unable to make a deal with any of the dealers out here because of how hard it was to get a deal out of them. I was in no hurry, so I waited. Searched cars.com and dealer websites pretty much every day or other day for new inventory.

Found a Si east of Sacramento. Made a fair offer via email. Was told initially they can't accept that offer. However, I was surprised a week later when the internet department contacted me and said they would accept the offer. From that point we must have exchanged 30-40 emails and 2-3 phone calls. I had tons of questions, credit issues, and a trade in. They answered all my questions, gave me fair rates with not so good credit, and offered my trade $500 more than Carmax without seeing it in person(I sent many photos). Never once did I feel I was a pain in the ass to them.

We finally agreed on a deal. Me and the wife took a 6+ hour drive north to pick up the car. The car and the contract was ready when we got there. The sales person was even nicer and more accommodating in person. My wife who was totally against this purchase completely changed her attitude after meeting with our sales person. We were in and out within an hour. Still had time to make it to Monterey Bay Aquarium 3 hours before they closed. Took the scenic 101 home for the first time the next day. I was in heaven in my new ride and checking out the spectacular view.

This may sound like an add, but it's not. I just want to let my fellow Civic and Honda owners know that you can be treated with respect and actually enjoy your buying experience. I won't advertise where I bought it or who I dealt with, but you can pm me if you want that information. Trust me you won't be disappointed.

I know there are lots of bad press with the new Civics. I came from a '08 Civic Ex. Yes there are lots of plastic, but I'm buying a $24k car with decent performance, good fuel economy, and a car that will last forever. This is not a luxury car. The electronics and ride of the car is very nice. I'm sure that is the reason a better interior was sacrificed. I highly doubt I will buy a Si that cost $26k+. With the continued limited 2012 Si production and a rumored 2013 redesign. The 2012 Si's will probably be a extremely rare car.

Sorry for the long post, but thought I would share an exceptional experience.

View attachment 789
an SI for 24 grand?? now that's a steal. when i was shopping for a new civic i checked everywhere in the whole tri-county area and overlooked my own local dealership. In the end i ended up buying it there because they gave me the best deal. 20,100 OTD for a base model LX sedan.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Unfortunately, $24k is not otd. However, it is a better deal than I can get from dealers here here. Dealers here are not negotiating sticker. Some are adding market value mark-up anywhere from $1k-$10k and yes I laughed at the one with $10k mark-up and hung up. My car has no dealer accessories added on which is what I preferred.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow I feel like i must have got a hreat offer from my dealer then haha I even felt like took after..but my offer was basically 21,000 for a si sedan..ppl get lucky I suppose but i enjoy the car as well just a few minor details I suppose

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
congrats and welcome.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks guys. Your Si sedans look really good also. Last car was a sedan and hardly ever used those backseats. So, I decided to go with the coupe this time.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts