9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning on doing my tint this saturday and im thinking about doing a 35% front and limo in the back for legal reason. I would like to go darker in the front but i don't want the hassle of being stopped by the police and redoing my tint. Anyone in the so cal area experiencing any problem with dark tint and the police? thanks

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
hey brotha, im in SoCal OC area and i run limo tint on all my cars....never been stopped just for tint. Now i have been pulled over for other mods and received a ticket for my tint as well as the other mods, but never the tint alone. What area you in? i can rec a few places depending on where your at?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im in the west covina and stanton/garden grove area. I plan to go to Best Tint in Stanton but what do you recommend?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had my car tinted last year and the darkest they recommended was 50% for fronts. Technically, I believe it can't be lower than 70% for fronts, otherwise CHP or local law enforcement would notice and pull you over. This is here in the bay area though in norcal, it'll depend on how aggressive socal law enforcement is with tints.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
im in the west covina and stanton/garden grove area. I plan to go to Best Tint in Stanton but what do you recommend?
The guy i use is in costa mesa, Signature tint, they do great work and very cool people. i've used tons of tint shops over the years and far more impressed by this one than any other. They machine cut all their tint so there is no errors/waves or odd shapes, fits perfect to the window so none of that "lets just put a huge sheet of tint on the window and trim it down to fit" crap. They heated the windows with a torch to get all the bubbles out before i left, and they have the only true lifetime warranty i have found. i can get you a number and address if you want, just let me know.

FYI, i am no way associated with this company in any sort of way, shape or form. i just believe in quality work and great service and would never suggest a company here that i dont use myself or believe in.

I had my car tinted last year and the darkest they recommended was 50% for fronts. Technically, I believe it can't be lower than 70% for fronts, otherwise CHP or local law enforcement would notice and pull you over. This is here in the bay area though in norcal, it'll depend on how aggressive socal law enforcement is with tints.

70% is almost worthless and its still illegal, so if your going to get a ticket you might as well go darker.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks talon, i already goggled it and will probably go there for my tint.It got so many great reviews.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
you got it brotha! i would suggest calling in advance though, jsut to confirm that they will have time to do it. I know they get pretty busy and can get booked up weeks in advance sometimes. Just dont want you to drive all the way there and not be able to get it done :)

also be sure to read their warranty section too.....they stand by it

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, any recommendation for a good car wash place? I washed mine and it rained..too lazy to wash it again by hand.

·
Registered
565 Posts
That's sexy.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks good bro! did signature do it?
lol is that the GF in the in passenger seat in the second photo? What about a windshield visor....planning on doing one or not?
Nah man, i went to Best Tint cause i had no time and was in a hurry. Other than ruining my car wash they did a nice job. Yep that's the GF, she is 27 if you all are wondering if im a pedo lol.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts