9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 664 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Sweet - that's a nice big bump in most of the rev range. It takes no time for the engine to spin up given all the available torque on the low end.

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
sucks, lost 8 hp. not cool.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It didn't lose 8 hp becus the 06 si doesn't have 197 to the wheels stock. It has 197 to te crank. I think the 8th gen makes the same hp as the 9th gen stock to the wheels.

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
It didn't lose 8 hp becus the 06 si doesn't have 197 to the wheels stock. It has 197 to te crank. I think the 8th gen makes the same hp as the 9th gen stock to the wheels.
That's not what the dyno shows bro

·
Registered
312 Posts
That 8hp still doesn't make up for the very large torque increase.

·
Registered
848 Posts
When we dyno'd a bone stock 07 FA5, it made 182 whp and 134 lbs/ft of torque. This was on a Dynojet chassis dynamometer. I'm curious to see what a stock FB6 would make.

·
Registered
312 Posts
When we dyno'd a bone stock 07 FA5, it made 182 whp and 134 lbs/ft of torque. This was on a Dynojet chassis dynamometer. I'm curious to see what a stock FB6 would make.
Agreed, I want to see two bone stock Si's go at it on a dyno, independant of any Enthusiast sites. (TOV)

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
I agree. :eusa_clap:
While I agree that the added torque would be nice for daily driving, it would not be useful in a race. (aside from the launch)

I would think the 8th would be in the 6-8K range during a race, while the 9th would be between 5-7k. If you look at the dyno at those rpm's, I think the 8th would have more power. On paper, I think the 8th would beat a 9th.

Only one way to find out...

too bad it's so hard to find a stock 8th Si

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Yeah, not sure how credible the info is. Like earlier said, we need a side by side dyno

·
Registered
980 Posts
That torque increase doesn't make up for the lack of dual cam vtec and loss of 1000 rpm. This is the ep3 rev. 2
The EP3 was a total POS... this is hardly that. Don't get what's with all the 9th gen Si haters? :banghead:

Torque is usable everyday, but if you're driving at 7-8k RPM constantly on public roads all the time, you're likely a public menace and might end up killing someone someday. And what does the dual cam VTEC do anyways - doesn't make more torque does it?

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Isn't the 9th lighter than the 8th? That would easily turn the tables in favor of the 9th in a drag

·
Registered
794 Posts
Yeah I know cus the con the dyno is most likely moded and that's why it made 197 whp. But they dont make that much stock
The dyno he used was one that you take off the wheels and connect directly to the hub. That's why the 8th's plot seems a little on the high side. So that would mean the 9th's are a bit higher as well. He mentions it, and that there is a 6-7% numerical increase on the plot. I don't fully agree with this method (I don't deny it either) because of this. It is accurately close but am still hoping for a true(?) dyno testing on the rollers.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Isn't the 9th lighter than the 8th? That would easily turn the tables in favor of the 9th in a drag
Yeah by around 50 pounds. Lol. That may help with drag, but the 8ths ability to rev 1000 rpm's higher means it will eventually speed up faster than the 9th, considering all things equal. It's hard to say who takes the cake, but what I can say is: it would be a close match. End performance is relatively the same between the two cars, it just might end up being a generation long stalemate.

1 - 20 of 664 Posts