9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pre-edit by DWils: this thread is for all roof rack-related inquiries. "Will it fit?", "What brand of roof rack should I buy?" "What brand of roof rack do you have?", and "I'm looking for a roof rack for my snowboard/bicycle(s)/mother-in-law/kilo of heroin/etc" all go here.

Original post by brocksluck: anyone have any roof racks on there coupe. im in need of some

·
Registered
47 Posts
id like one on mine..kinda tired of taking the wheels off my bike and putting the back seats down..

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'd definitely be interested in this - especially one that could be taken off eventually without scratching the paint majorly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thinking about getting a Roof Rack

I have the 2012 Civic Coupe EX, and I love the look of it. However, since I traded in my convertible, I no longer have a way to transport large items to/from my house. My Longboard surfboard, two snowboards (and full car of luggage), two mountain bikes, and buying new TVs all cause problems for transport.

I'm thinking about getting a roof rack of some sort that can carry all of these items, much like an SUV can do this. First of all, is this possible to do? The top of the car may not be flat enough for this. Secondly, are there any rails/racks that mount to the roof? A pair of rails that wouldn't change the look of the car is most preferrible, but it might not be available.

The only other way I know to transport these items is by buying individual, less stable racks for the bikes & for the surfboard. I prefer a more permanent fixture though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a thule on my Sedan and I love it. I use it for bikes and kayak racks. It is a bit noisy on the highway though, even with the fairing. I only install it when I need it and don't leave it on. (It'd probably get stolen anyway!)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you know exactly what set up that is ? I'm ignorant on the topic but been looking for this set up. I know what I need in terms of Thule, but I wanted to compare to Yakima.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Roof rack help

Looking into roof racks for my 2012 si for bicycles and snowboard set ups. Just wondering if anyone has any input on companies or set ups. Any down falls to roof racks? (noise/whistling at high speeds)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Blues Clues
1,002 Posts
thule or yakima are the best. w/o a fairing, there's always going to be noise at high speeds. so get a fairing

·
Registered
157 Posts
Not sure about length Yakima has a flush mount one that is just the width of the roof. Not sure I want the racks hanging over. Any idea how much space I would need for a couple bikes. Or a few snowboards. ( not at the same time of course)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 20 of 214 Posts