9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not really close to anyone but if theres something happening I'd be down and I'm sure I could convince some friends too!
Just got mine this week lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
virginia legal window tinting

hey guys i know lots of threads have been posted regarding window tinting and i appericate any advice.... i live in the wonderful commonwealth state of Virgina where the tint law is 35 % rear windows and 50 % fronts.... my issue is i dont know if the 50 % is even worth it i know my dyno pearl blue would look very sexy with a darker tint but they enforce the law really strict around here does anyone have any pics of 35%/ 50% tint that i would see or anyone in the state have any advice...i would really love to go at least 35 % all the way around but not worth the tickets. ( 90.00 fix it ticket) ive actually had friends who were pulled over and the cop made them peel their tint off right in front of them...thanks for the help everyone

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
50% is better than nothing. I have 5% on my back 3 windows and 50% up front. Not my favorite but looks better than nothing. Since your back windows wouldn't be as dark as mine your tint would look more even overall. Here is a before and after photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
thanks so much for the pics lovin ur si shes a beauty...im with you on the 50 % it is better than nothing i may start with just the back and see where it goes from there...i could go a little lighter they suggested around a 40 % not sure if it would make a lot of difference but they would have to give me some edge on ticketing within 10 % i would think...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Thanks. Sometimes I think I should have gone with 20% in the back cause it's a hassle at night. Lol. But yeah, You should go with 35% in the back and 50% up front. It will look clean!

·
Registered
18 Posts
thanks bro i appercate the info... the dude around here quoted me 175.00 to do my whole car he said they use this carbon suntek film he says it wont mess with cell recption or gps reception

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
thanks bro i appercate the info... the dude around here quoted me 175.00 to do my whole car he said they use this carbon suntek film he says it wont mess with cell recption or gps reception
That's not bad. I paid $160 for my whole car with the Suntek Carbon Film. I like it better than the Diamond Metallic Film I had on my BMW.

Sent from my LG-G2X

·
Registered
641 Posts
Window tint violations are such nonsense. Last March 2011 they did a window tint enforcement for the entire month, figures I got snagged. Cop measured the light coming through my windows and it was at 14%, I had to chuckle because it's like wow you have nothing better to do with your time. This is in NY by the way. I then was pulled over a second time by a lady cop even though I had my windows rolled down! She pulled me over and said it was too cold for me to have my windows down...um harassing much? I paid the stupid ticket and left my tint on. I haven't been bothered since, knock on wood.

My Si is going in on saturday for tints and I intend to get the darkest one possible. NYS law says 70% needs to come through the front windows, so basically anything aftermarket is illegal. Back windows can be as dark as you want them, which never made much sense to see since I could be hiding someone in my back seat with a gun, but whatever.

I saw go with the 50% it's better than nothing and it will make your car look so much nicer. Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Window tint violations are such nonsense. Last March 2011 they did a window tint enforcement for the entire month, figures I got snagged. Cop measured the light coming through my windows and it was at 14%, I had to chuckle because it's like wow you have nothing better to do with your time. This is in NY by the way. I then was pulled over a second time by a lady cop even though I had my windows rolled down! She pulled me over and said it was too cold for me to have my windows down...um harassing much? I paid the stupid ticket and left my tint on. I haven't been bothered since, knock on wood.

My Si is going in on saturday for tints and I intend to get the darkest one possible. NYS law says 70% needs to come through the front windows, so basically anything aftermarket is illegal. Back windows can be as dark as you want them, which never made much sense to see since I could be hiding someone in my back seat with a gun, but whatever.

I saw go with the 50% it's better than nothing and it will make your car look so much nicer. Good luck!

thanks for the reply ...sounds like you got the same dickhead cops in NY as we do here....i think i will go with the 50% getting it done this weekend...

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts

The new nanny, I mean Nazi state. VOTE the bastards OUT!! You would think they have better ways to spend your tax dollars. Stupid people suck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The new nanny, I mean Nazi state. VOTE the bastards OUT!! You would think they have better ways to spend your tax dollars. Stupid people suck.
Lol. You really think another party is going to pay attention to such a non-issue? "Hey guys, I found a whole new voting demographic... people with tinted windows! Lets promise to get rid of the cash-grab law, and we'll be sure to beat the opposition!1!!1!

You're lucky you even get to have 50%. Up here it's zero on fronts, and as dark as you want in the back.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts

My girlfriend and I had similar dealings with a trooper just south of Albany. He approached the 2005 FORD TAURUS with 35% tints all around WITH HIS GUN DRAWN. Still gun drawn and front window rolled down, screaming to roll down the back window exposing the apple pie sitting in the back seat (the apple pie is not a metaphor, literally an apple pie for a party in North Jersey). Came back and he slammed his light meter on the window so hard, I'm sure he just missed shattering it. All this before asking my girlfriend for her license and registration. She didn't know what the he!! she did until he came back with a fix it because the windows were tinted. Thought that it may have been an isolated case. Guess not. What a bunch of jerks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My girlfriend and I had similar dealings with a trooper just south of Albany. He approached the 2005 FORD TAURUS with 35% tints all around WITH HIS GUN DRAWN. Still gun drawn and front window rolled down, screaming to roll down the back window exposing the apple pie sitting in the back seat (the apple pie is not a metaphor, literally an apple pie for a party in North Jersey). Came back and he slammed his light meter on the window so hard, I'm sure he just missed shattering it. All this before asking my girlfriend for her license and registration. She didn't know what the he!! she did until he came back with a fix it because the windows were tinted. Thought that it may have been an isolated case. Guess not. What a bunch of jerks.

hahaha wow thats one crazy ass story im sure if it was a box of donuts he would have taken it with him haha...or maby called in the bomb squad to make sure it was really donuts 35% is not even that damn dark geezz

·
Registered
641 Posts
WOW that's insane. I've always had a coupe so there is no rolling down my back windows. The first time I got stopped the cop stood like at the back of my window so I pretty much had to turn around to look at him. I'm like come on buddy I'm a caucasian female! I should be the least suspicious person you could have pulled over. Same thing when the lady cop stopped me for having my windows rolled down when it was "too cold" out. Im like miss really? Once again caucasian female with dog in the car, do you really think I'm doing drugs or something illegal? I've been told cops will pull you over in the winter or when its colder if you have your windows down because they think your doing drugs in the car. Btw I was alone both times.. I'm sooooo suspicious!

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Lol. You really think another party is going to pay attention to such a non-issue? "Hey guys, I found a whole new voting demographic... people with tinted windows! Lets promise to get rid of the cash-grab law, and we'll be sure to beat the opposition!1!!1!

You're lucky you even get to have 50%. Up here it's zero on fronts, and as dark as you want in the back.
Don't be silly. Yes, the other party is for less govt. Check out how much more money the US owes since January of 2009. Are you happy about that or are you one of those that just doesn't mind monthly payments?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Nice!!! Im at Herndon! Theres a meet in culpeper in buffalo wings april 13!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts