9th Gen Civic Forum banner

2781 - 2786 of 2786 Posts

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Just use a name brand synthetic and I change mine at 5 to 6K miles. I can't buy into a 10K interval unless it were a lease car which mine isn't. The main thing is keep it changed. Oils are so good today it almost doesn't matter which one you use. The Motul's of the world are good but not worth the price on an economy car engine that doesn't work hard. I've driven my R18 at over 100 for over 2 hours once to make up time and it wasn't working hard to do it at all. On high revving motorcycles, it's a different story. FWIW.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Just use a name brand synthetic and I change mine at 5 to 6K miles. I can't buy into a 10K interval unless it were a lease car which mine isn't. The main thing is keep it changed. Oils are so good today it almost doesn't matter which one you use. The Motul's of the world are good but not worth the price on an economy car engine that doesn't work hard. I've driven my R18 at over 100 for over 2 hours once to make up time and it wasn't working hard to do it at all. On high revving motorcycles, it's a different story. FWIW.
I've been using amsoil since it's now available at my local parts store. Best synthetic oil IMO, and its not crazy expensive like royal purple or redline.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I use Mobil 1 AFE 0W20 with a Fram TG filter, Mobil 1 EP filter, or Honda A01 filter (probably going to stick with the Fram). I drive right under 3k miles a month, so I change the oil every 7,500 miles.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,145 Posts
Merged into stickied Oil Faq thread.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,145 Posts
Three more oil threads merged into stickied Oil Faq thread.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Update.

Last 3 oil changes have been done with 5w30 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and the catch can (a simple 1983 Prelude fuel filter!) almost got nothing in it. With 0w20, i have to change it at every oil changes as it gets halfway full.. From now on the car will get 0w20 only during the 3 or 4 coldest winter months..

Marko!

2781 - 2786 of 2786 Posts