9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some guidance. thought I blew a head gasket but I am no longer sure. coolant completely turned to brown jell with oil...No coolant in oil....pulled head off the 1.8L and do not see a direct sign of where the oil and coolant mixed.....We all know of the pre 2009 civic block cracking....is this the sort of symptom those engines had? I have head cued up but do not want to put it on just to find the engine is cracked.....car has 190,000 on it....mostly highway. been flawless....Thank you in advance....

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Sounds like you are having quite a few issues. I assume your other threads are all related to the same problem.
Was the car overheated or running hot for a long period of time?
At 190k you might just decide to move on rather than spending a ton of time and money to find you've got a cracked block

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After alot of investigation found that the transmission warmer was allowing ATF into the waterjacket (and some into the tranny)....I did swap the engine (found one with 25000 miles for 300....the headgaskets and bolts were almost as much)....engine is in and I am flushing the tranny now....all good

1 - 3 of 3 Posts