9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, please allow me to talk about myself. I am 77 years old and I have been a car-nut since I was a teenager, like many of you. I like do-it-yourself repairs and servicing. My previous car was a 1991 Civic DX 5 dr wagon. We had this for 18 years until last summer, when I gave it to a family friend, with 450,000 total kms (second engine). We now have a 2013 Civic LX with less than 60 K.

I had the official Honda shop manual for the wagon, it was great. Now all I have is the Haynes.

I need help here, please. I use an old MacBook and a good deal of the online info is in the PC format and not available in IOS. One good thing is I still have a CD slot and I believe I can get some info that way, but I haven't bought anything yet.

What info is out there for me? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Congrats on the new car. I'm not computer savvy in regards to your operating system, however I've learned that just about anything you want to know how to take apart on these cars is on YouTube. Electrical prints Haynes is ok, but doesn't have factory prints, and haven't found a "free" solution to this. This car is aged decently, so there's alot of info on wear items on this site, and we are all eager to help when we can with questions. Hopefully someone can help with the computer side of your question.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Honda should be more responsive to owners groups and their needs. But they make great cars, it's not all bad.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Not a computer wiz here either. Try Youtube. Welcome to the board. We'll let you know when you're "old". :smile:

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,335 Posts
Welcome to 9th gen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts