9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family had brought 2006 civic, 2009 accord, and 2011 CRV at that Honda Dealer, they were 0.9% APR, for my Si, they said it is 0.9% too. However, i just checked my paper work, that APR on the paper is 6.8%, and Total financial charge is $5,800 over 72 month,i feel so helpless right now.

What can i do ?

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you already signed and that 0.9% was not in writing anywhere, you are pretty well screwed. I learned from others that have been burned in the past to make sure to read all terms before signing.

·
Premium Member
8,336 Posts
I would be back up there first thing in the mourning and get it fixed, it might just be a honest mistake, but if not, I would get the head boss involved and get it taken care of!, especially for being a returning and good customer.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Threaten them, tell them you wont accept the car on those terms either the 0.9% or else theyll be losing a customer

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Couldn't get it , my parent financialed the car, how can it be 6.8%?
And My parent just got 2013 RDX for 2.9% APR, wtf is wrong with their financial guy.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Did you talk to them about it yet? What did they say? I wouldn't take delivery of the car until it was sorted out. Once you drive it away, I think it might be too late unless you have something with the 0.9 written on it.

That really sucks. Hopefully everything works out for the best. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
^ that doesn't work because he already signed for the car. check your state for any kind of return laws. i know here in cali once you sign it's yours and the only way dealer takes back the car is if you can't make the payment. if you do go back and complain to them tell them you've bought those previous cars and was able to receive the 0.9%. i'm not sure of your age, but maybe you're young and your name is on the title of the car therefore since you don't have the built up credit you would have a higher interest rate. (i'm going ahead to assume that your parents are the title for the other cars) other than that.. if you can't get anything done and you have to keep the car... i forgot what the exact term is called, but ask the dealership if you can pay more in each payment. that way you pay it off faster and you won't be losing as much. that's actually what i'm doing right now.

edit: try to get another place to do the financing. it should be lower and then go to the dealership and have them match it.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
just wondering, but how much was the down payment? that could also be a factor. if your down payment is high... then the dealership would charge at a higher interest rate. that way, they would make more.

just trying to throw ideas out for why the APR is high, but no way should it be that high.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just checked Honda.com and their current offers. Both the Si sedan and coupe are listed at 0.9%. I'd definitely call the finance dept at the dealer to see why it's written up that way. Failing that, call Honda finance to see what they say.

Edit: After reading it again, it's up to 60 months. If you took it for longer I'm guessing the 0.9 didn't apply. Again, just throwing some ideas out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My parent don't know English, so they made my parent signed the paper, when i was in the bathroom. My parent trust them so much, cause they bought 3 cars from them already.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know, the way i found out is, i just compare the Si bill to the RDX bill, i was like wow wtf, the interest of the SI is double of the RDX.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
after signing for the car, you should go back the next day and pay it all in cash. that way, the dealership won't maximize their interest rate they gave you. the bank should give you guys a better interest rate. so take out a loan from the bank.

you = win
dealership = somewhat lose

haha.

·
Registered
214 Posts
you really should read what your signing. I brough my brother in law who deal with this stuff all day long to look everything over for me before i signed.. he found and error :)

1 - 20 of 108 Posts