9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
I've seen those. Not sure how I feel about them.

I ended up buying the Privat Akzent in 18x8 +40 for my 9thGen Sedan.
PRIVAT AKZENT

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, you really need to "see" them on the car. I can't commit to getting new wheels and its actually kind of stupid since the car is new. Perhaps I'll move up to 17" when I need new tires in 3-5 years.

~Steve

·
Registered
191 Posts
Very nice!
I'm still on the fence though about buying new rims for a car as new as the 2012.

·
Registered
565 Posts
The wheels were buy 3 get 1 free at National Tire & Battery/Merchant's and came out to $570. Tires are costing me $740 including mounting, balance, tpms sensors and all that trash... so $1310.00 total cost. I have my stock wheels and tires sold to a buddy for $800 plus he will give me his steelies. So I really only spend $510... not bad actually. Maybe I can sell the steelies for $400, they are new tires after all.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Those seem alright, def need to see on the car before buying. They kind of remind me of the HFP rims for the 2012, which I would 100% get.

·
Registered
425 Posts
The wheels were buy 3 get 1 free at National Tire & Battery/Merchant's and came out to $570. Tires are costing me $740 including mounting, balance, tpms sensors and all that trash... so $1310.00 total cost. I have my stock wheels and tires sold to a buddy for $800 plus he will give me his steelies. So I really only spend $510... not bad actually. Maybe I can sell the steelies for $400, they are new tires after all.
Actually the way you put it the $510. you spent is good value.
Can u post a few photos so I can get some ideas what looks good on the Sedan.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I dig those Enkie's, ...only because they look like they're fresh for a car with a newly updated design, ...such as these 9thGen's.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I dig those Enkie's, ...only because they look like they're fresh for a car with a newly updated design, ...such as these 9thGen's.
Yes. I agree with Haw's comment.

I keep thinking how the 9thGen will look on the wheels I ordered since the design on my wheels is a classic by now. The Enkeis do bring a modern style to the picture. They wouldn't be a bad choice, but it was not what I was looking for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I will give you 200 for the steels as long as they have good tpms sensors.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Haha. Are you in Virginia?

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
those enkeis are not bad at all.

@enemy: personally imo, chrome is just weird for me cuz it makes the car more ghetto and it kinda reminds me of those black guys with chrome spinners LMFAO but that design is pretty good. i just like gunmetal or black rims gloss or matte :) are 18s big on your civic? i was planning to just get some 17s cuz it seems like it wouldnt be way to big to make the focus of the car on the rims rather than the whole car.

Si's have enkeis (the stock 17s are enkeis :) which i might try to find online whenever it comes out)
also had my eyes on these but i hate some rims sites like momo bbs and enkei cuz they dont tell you a price! >.< Enkei High Quality Wheels : Performance Series : IMOLA (TireRack Exclusive)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Perhaps these?

those enkeis are not bad at all.

@enemy: personally imo, chrome is just weird for me cuz it makes the car more ghetto and it kinda reminds me of those black guys with chrome spinners LMFAO but that design is pretty good. i just like gunmetal or black rims gloss or matte :) are 18s big on your civic? i was planning to just get some 17s cuz it seems like it wouldnt be way to big to make the focus of the car on the rims rather than the whole car.

Si's have enkeis (the stock 17s are enkeis :) which i might try to find online whenever it comes out)
also had my eyes on these but i hate some rims sites like momo bbs and enkei cuz they dont tell you a price! >.< Enkei High Quality Wheels : Performance Series : IMOLA (TireRack Exclusive)
http://www.enkei.com/sesto.html

These are available in gun metal and look pretty nice...at least on the webpage.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TireRack.com updated their website to include the 9th gen Civic "view on vehicle." After seeing the Aletta and Sesto on the car I can't say that I like them.

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
Those are exactly the ones I want on my TW 8thGen! Good choice!
great minds think alike ;) although, i might just end up getting the si's enkeis when they release cuz its prolly much cheaper who knows :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts