9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2013 Sedan, planning on running a widebody kit on it by EOY. Looking at some 17x9 ET 0 Jeep wheels, it has a hub bore measurement of 83mm I think. In your humblest of opinions, would those wheels work okay on the car?
Yes, I'm aware of the whole "cutting the fenders" section of a widebody build, just wanna know if yall think those wheels will be okay. Also heard about these centering rings that can be put around the hub to compensate for the difference in measurement and possible vibrations while driving. Photo on the right should give a general idea of wheel setup minus the kit of course, the rear wheels in this photo however, seem to be much wider than 9 inches, maybe 11/12?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
As long as they are 5x114 bolt pattern and the hub bore is larger (stock is 64.1mm), then yes they will physically bolt to the car. You can get hub rings to adapt them to the Honda hub but check to see of that size even exisits, 83mm to 64.1mm

As to if they will look good or fit well with your widebody, I have no idea.

Also, I'm sure those things probably weight a ton so your performance will be negatively impacted. But from the sound of things you are going for appearance over performance so that may not matter to you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 Si sedan
182 Posts
Seconding what dpetro1 said, looks are largely based on what you like. This looks pretty close to the fad of aluminum wheels that look like steelies.

I ran ROTAs on my Fit that had a larger hub bore than the car and I ran them without hub rings for a few weeks, you just have to be sure to tighten the lugs down evenly so the wheel is centered. Shouldn't be a problem to run without them but it helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts