9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,
On my 8th gen I had a Skunk2 MegaR (stock DP w/CAI) now looking to put an exhaust on my 9th and I loved the sound of my last Skunk2 but I'm seeing a lot of people saying it's way too loud. Anyone have any first hand experience comparing the two gens exhausts from skunk2 or any audio clips of a skunk2 or full race on their 9th gen with a stock downpipe? I like the sound of the full race that everyone seems to love, but I loved my last Skunk2 immensely.

·
Registered
750 Posts
It will sound the same on the 9th as it did on your 8th. The people who say its too loud and too much drone are people who just dont like very loud exhaust setups but if youre someone who doesnt mind it then you will love it as you did on your 8th.

I have the full race setup with the catted downpipe and for my personal preference its perfect. Its loud when i want and quiet when i want. When i just had the full race exhaust it was a bit more quieter but louder than the q300. The skunk2 to me is just loud and much more droney all of the time but ive got a friend who loves it

·
Registered
64 Posts
Same here,

Got the RV6 catless DP with Invidia Q300 catback tuned by vit and she purrs nicely low rpm and gets really ******* loud after 5k. Perfect for what I want. Cops never hear me while cruising below 2500 rpm. Skunk2 MegaRR will be lloud always... Also, around here cops look for those big `bazooka`muffler tips - the Q300 is a rounded tip so it looks a lot more like stock. So far no tickets!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am currently running the stock DP with the Skunk2 Mega Power RR (76mm version). This is my first non-stock exhaust system ever, so I don't have much to compare to, but as all others have said it's FREAKING LOUD. I like the sound of it, but I'm mildly concerned with how loud it is for others. When I get a chance I'm going to have the lady drive it while I stand outside so I can try to gauge just how loud it is. I've had it installed for a month now and ran it with the silencer up until 2 days ago. The difference in sound without the silencer is NIGHT AND DAY. It's noticeably louder now without the silencer and the drone is pronounced. I find myself having to turn the radio up much louder just to hear it. As much as I like the sound, I'm going to have to put back in the silencer as I feel like I'm just going to attract too much attention without it. Under partial throttle the sound level has to be well over the limit here in SoCal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts