9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had a 1995 Honda Civic EX. I sold it to upgrade to a 2005 Element. Love that thing. My wife has a car that I figured I would have to bury her in. That is until I brought the Element home. Long story short, I was commuting with her old car and she's now rolling in the Element. Every once in a while I get to drive the Element when she needs me to pick up stuff on the way home.
Her car was starting to run bad and didn't like to idle for any length of time. I felt like it was going to die on me and wasn't what I considered reliable. That's when I stopped by a dealership in Springfield Oregon and 15 minutes later rolled out in a 2015 Honda Civic EX with 70K. Holy crap. Not only did I get my EX fix back ( I really missed the 95) but I also feel like I am driving a video game.
I got it at night (yeah I know) and didn't know how to even turn on the stereo. Pushed enough buttons and started talking to me. Wished I could have seen my face. Today is day 4 and the first time I am driving it during the day . I think I am really going to like this thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Just wondering. No temperature gauge other than the cold light right? And is Sport mode just plain old 2nd?
Wasn't smart enough to look in the glove box to see if there was a owners manual. Guess that's what happens when you buy a car spur of the moument.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,521 Posts
Sport mode?

·
Registered
2015 si sedan : acuity/rbc/rdx/plm/hondata/etunez
371 Posts
congrats on the civic.
honda element is probably the greatest utilitarian vehicle ever built. i’ve been trying to find a nice clean one, hard as eff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lucked out on the Element. 1 owner, 145K, new OEM covers on the front seats and with all of the service records from the same Honda dealer they bought it from. I've had it for 5 years now and other than routine maintenance no issues what so ever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts