9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for peoples opinions and pictures of the pillar pods from Ortiz custom pods. I plan on putting them in a 2014 FG4. I’ve heard nothing but good things about them but I was just wondering about installation and appearance before I pull the trigger. Thanks.

·
Registered
702 Posts
install is perfect. Fit is oem. but they are a little brittle. i love mine

·
Registered
404 Posts
Looking for peoples opinions and pictures of the pillar pods from Ortiz custom pods. I plan on putting them in a 2014 FG4. I’ve heard nothing but good things about them but I was just wondering about installation and appearance before I pull the trigger. Thanks.
I'll quickly remind everyone that putting gauges in front of airbags is not the best of ideas, however it is your car so with that out of the way...

install is perfect. Fit is oem. but they are a little brittle. i love mine
I have the same unit as you and I also really like the way it fits and the location of the gauges.

The downside is what you mentioned. Mine has already developed hairline cracks about an inch long in a few places. You have to be looking for them to spot them, but they exist.

I assume running a 90+ durometer RMM didn't help but I'd be interested to see if anyone else has the same issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'll quickly remind everyone that putting gauges in front of airbags is not the best of ideas, however it is your car so with that out of the way...

I have the same unit as you and I also really like the way it fits and the location of the gauges.

The downside is what you mentioned. Mine has already developed hairline cracks about an inch long in a few places. You have to be looking for them to spot them, but they exist.

I assume running a 90+ durometer RMM didn't help but I'd be interested to see if anyone else has the same issues.
I really like that. That's not the pillar though?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I really like that. That's not the pillar though?
Just figured I'd post what I got. Again, I'm hoping no one with a road-going 9th gen is using the pillar pods.

Unless you like gauges to the dome in an accident.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts