9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Honda Civic EX coupe and the outside temperature stopped working. It just shows dashes where the temperature should be displayed. Does anyone know whats wrong? Is it covered under warranty? Thanks!

·
Registered
896 Posts
I have a 2012 Honda Civic EX coupe and the outside temperature stopped working. It just shows dashes where the temperature should be displayed. Does anyone know whats wrong? Is it covered under warranty? Thanks!
Sounds like somethings wrong with the temp. sensor. It is covered under warranty so I'd just run it by the dealer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i want to know also if it is possible to add that temp sensor. Where is the sensor Located i want to check my harness to see if the plug is available to connect the sensor.

·
Registered
896 Posts
The main sensor is located under the bumper, then I believe theres a piece that goes under the dash. I cant remember where I saw the blueprints ........think it was on college hills honda's website or on another similar post on here way back. Someone asked if the sensors were on the LX's and just disabled, but after research the sensors arent there and would have to be purchased/installed. I'd like it myself, but I'm sure a dealer would charge an arm and leg to install it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i dont mind doing the install just want to know if the harness is there to be able to do the install. ill keep searching thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i dont mind doing the install just want to know if the harness is there to be able to do the install. ill keep searching thanks.
I got the sensor. Just need the factory manual and harness I hope. In my LX there is a large unused connector in the engine compartment on the firewall.

·
Registered
42 Posts
sweet im going to the dealer on tue since i used to work next to honda and going to see if i can find the schematics on it. im sure they used the same harness i dont see why the would make a different one for one plug and connector. i hope it can work.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had the same question about adding temp reading. I have an LX and I currently just bought the Fog light kit to install. Now I'm wondering if I can install the temp sensor.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I looked at and compared the part number for the engine wiring harness of the LX and EX. They are different and the EX harness cost less. Also the LX part number is different. Now is It true the Canadian LX models all have exterior temperature. There are 5 Canadian harnesses with the same part numbers.

EX. AT HARNESS 1 Part Number 32200-TR0-A20
LX MT Harness 1 Part Number 32200-TR0-A40
LX AT Harness 1 Part Number 32200-TR0-A00

·
Registered
6 Posts
Stupid question: If you install the sensor, is the LX i-mid capable of displaying the outside temp?

I would be pissed if the temp didn't appear after installing the sensor only to find out I need some sort of software update or new i-mid display unit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did anyone figure out if it was possible to add this to a LX? Was the harness already there to allow any easy install of the temp sensor?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had some time this evening and took off the front bumper on my LX coupe. Well I was able to see where the sensor would mount and where a cut out in some of the trim is where the wires would run, but I did not see any wiring or connectors that were tucked/taped back. So I am unfortunately assuming it's not as simple as just buying the temp sensor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts