9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I bought a used 2014 Civic LX as a new commuter car. It's a great little car. When I bought it, it had a P0138 code, hi voltage on bank 1, sensor2. I replaced the sensor with a cheap Walker sensor that was on clearance at Rockauto. I cleared the code and a few hundred miles later, I get a code P0139, slow response on the same sensor. I'm guessing it's because I bought a cheap sensor. Does that sound right or should I look at something else? Has anyone had success with any aftermarket sensors? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Could be the sensor. Denso is really the way to go for o2 sensors.

A better option before buying more parts would be to troubleshoot the wiring and make sure there isn't a broken or loose wire somewhere causing the code.

This would require knowledge of a multimeter and wiring diagram for the o2 circuit.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I may look for a Denso sensor. I gave the wiring just a visual inspection when I changed the sensor. I doubt that I'll break out the multimeter on this one. It doesn't hurt anything, it just makes me have to clear the screen every time I start the engine. I can live with that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts