9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Just recently got this code with the check engine light on and the IMID saying Check Emission System. When i look it up all websites say check the EVAP canister, fuel cap, air hoses etc. I've checked everything except the EVAP. I have no power lose, no throttle issues, no weird sounds and no misfires when i checked with the OBD II scanner. My question is could bad fuel cause the code to trip? I have filled up with chevron since July of this year and when i switched back to petro canada on Saturday (cause i get more points, don't judge me) i havent had a problem until now when i am at half a tank. I erased the code already and i will monitor it for now. Thanks in advance for any advice. Oh also forgot its a 2015 honda civic LX 99,000km i've been the only owner and i have never seen this code pop up in 7 years of owning.

·
Registered
466 Posts
P0455 means there is a leak in the EVAP system. It could be leaking from anywhere. You won't know until you do an EVAP test.

Most of the time it's a purge valve stuck open. If you want to be sure, do the EVAP test instead of throwing parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts