9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Yep, those are just ported runner that the plastic stock manifold connects up to, the the RBC is a complete cast aluminum piece and is most definitely better than that stock piece with the ported runners.
This is an RBC ImageUploadedByAG Free1353424062.765192.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Black Sedan Si

·
Registered
935 Posts
I doubt there's a lot to be gained here excepted, of course, if the ports in the head are bigger then in the runners..! If that's the case, you could gain some top end power at the expense of some low end torque due to increased high RPM flow and a reduction in low RPM's gases velocity! :)

It's something i will do this spring because it's gonna cost next to nothing...!

Marko!

·
October K24Z7 2012 ROTM Winner
1,236 Posts
So is it worth it?

·
October K24Z7 2012 ROTM Winner
1,236 Posts
^^^^ True that.

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
I guess I'm waiting for the rbc to come out for the 9th gen. Any idea when that might happen?
I think you may misunderstand. The rbc manifold is a manifold used on other vehicles. It will never "come out" for the 9th gen unless someone sells it pre-modded specifically for the k24z7.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you misunderstand. The rbc manifold is the manifold from the euro accord type r. It will never "come out" for the 9th gen unless someone sells it pre-modded specifically for the k24z7.
Yeah I waiting for someone to pre-modd it for our k24z7. Hope it happens soon!

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
I am actually going to have mine modified next week probably, I may ask the shop if they would consider doing something like that, because I am assuming quite a few people would buy it

Reactions: Arm0ged0n

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
I am actually going to have mine modified next week probably, I may ask the shop if they would consider doing something like that, because I am assuming quite a few people would buy it
Absolutely. The big question is what to do about injectors though. Full Race seems to be going with the 8th gen parts... I really don't want to have to buy injectors just to do the manifold, but if I want to head towards a turbo build it makes perfect sense...I guess for NA it makes sense to do the 9th gen injectors (and have the rbc modded to accept them)... just thinking out loud here.

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Absolutely. The big question is what to do about injectors though. Full Race seems to be going with the 8th gen parts... I really don't want to have to buy injectors just to do the manifold, but if I want to head towards a turbo build it makes perfect sense...I guess for NA it makes sense to do the 9th gen injectors (and have the rbc modded to accept them)... just thinking out loud here.
I kind of like using the 8th gen injectors, I got better gas mileage after switching to the 8th gens, and there are more injector options available right now at that size

·
Registered
908 Posts
Do 8thgen injectors. You have a huge variety of aftermarket options, not to mention if you go mild n/a you have the big grandaddy of all injectors the rdx 410cc's that support up to about 280 whp n/a

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
How much HP would you say the stock 310s are able to support?

·
Registered
935 Posts
So is it worth it?
Hard to say without seeing it by myself... You may have a gain but ultimately the long runner design of the stock manifold is what is gonna hold top end power back!

Marko!

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
bout 220 hp give or take. Past that is hit or miss.
Well then I may need new injectors sooner than I thought, because just with flashpro ill be at least at 220 not to mention if I add the throttle body, pulleys, clutch, and flywheel.

·
Registered
73 Posts
King Motorsports has an I.M. porting service... think they might sell RBC's as well. It would be worth looking into, or atleast checking out their website.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts