9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, my question is about the cool big black bar across the front bumper. Hopefully you guys know what I'm talking about. Is it just me or is the si ones painted black or are the pics I'm seeing just really clean? Or do some people paint it black? I think it would look cool painted black. Its the first thing I see when I look at the front so it'd be nice if it was painted and shiny. What you guys think?

Sent from my LG-P999 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
464 Posts
Are u referring to the coupe or the sedan...?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
566 Posts
Sedan Si's have unique glossy black upper grille trim and fog light housings. The lower valance of the rear bumper is glossy black as well.

·
October K24Z7 2012 ROTM Winner
1,236 Posts
You can check my Intro thread, I plasti dip the bottom part of my sedan.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, yeah I'm talking about the coupes

·
October K24Z7 2012 ROTM Winner
1,236 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yea ptrhang i noticed the same thing with the coupes i have an lx and pulled up next to an si with the same albaster silver paint job but the grill stood out and it had a glossy look and overall it put my car to shame -_-

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah was thinking that maybe eventually paint mine black too

·
Registered
25 Posts
I noticed the difference at the dealership.

I have a CBP EX-L coupe and painted the "inner bumper" with VHT Epoxy paint in Gloss Black so it would more closely mimic the Si. It looks great.

I did not remove my bumper to do this, however, I used half a roll of painters tape to surround the area (I did not paint the egg-crate area) and then used newspapers on the sides and a car cover for the rest of the car. I was not going to risk having any spray mist on my paint. The car was completely covered right down to the ground. It was also a breeze-less day and the front two-thirds of my car was inside my garage with the door open only for ventilation. You have to spray "enough" to give the gloss sheen, but not so much as to cause a run. Have good lighting and take your time and you should do fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts