Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, my mistake :p

20120130_002.jpg 20120130_003.jpg 20120130_005.jpg

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am wanting to do this, how long does it normally take to do all 4 wheels? does it take long time to dry? can you drive the car while the calibers are still drying? Thanks

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
If you do it properly, meaning prime, base, and clear it would be at least 16hrs of all the drying. If you do it with just Caliper/high temp paint. Probably 8 hours. The more time you put into it, the more you will get out of it as far as lasting and visibility.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am wanting to do this, how long does it normally take to do all 4 wheels? does it take long time to dry? can you drive the car while the calibers are still drying? Thanks
Paint the 4 calipers took me 4 hours aprox. I did it with a brush slowly avoiding spots in other parts of the suspension :p... And I drove my car after two hours of drying the paint and no troubles with this :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not bad.....think it would look really good with a gun metal or black wheel :)

where was that pic taken? looks like your off-roading the civic there
I'm saiving money for a gun metal wheels and fog lights :).

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone Powder-Coat your Calipers?

I'm looking at powdercoating my calipers, but I'm new to the whole customization world. Any tips, pointers, suggestions? I don't know what kind of work is involved in dissassembling and re-assembling the calipers.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Are you looking to powder coat or just change the color? I did mine a few weeks ago with some VHT paint and VHT caliper clear coat. I just masked off the areas around the caliper that I didn't want to get paint on and painted them on the car. Now this is not the so called appropriate way to do it but you can't tell unless I remove the wheel and show you where I didn't paint. It was the easy way of doing it. This way you dot have to disassemble the calipers or even remove them from the car.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I didn't take this to get a shot of the calipers but I can take a better one later

View attachment 3895

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
i like...bout to paint mine next wek

1 - 20 of 248 Posts