9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just finished painting my stock SI rims..

what do you guys think?!?

my old rims.... :)
Hondasi.jpg 20120425_192630.jpg

finish product... after a week of preparation and painting..
20120504_165129.jpg

wheels are on! putting the engine cover (red-colored)
20120504_175405.jpg

close-up look!!
20120504_175522.jpg

front and rear wheel view!
20120504_180209.jpg 20120504_180218.jpg

more pics...
20120504_180235.jpg 20120504_181117.jpg

the final product!!
20120504_181057.jpg

hope you guys like it!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
looks pretty sick bro. Did you paint both the cover and the wheels? I guess you had another car while you were patiently waiting for the paint to dry off? What kind of paint did you use? I'm guessing you did a primer and matte automotive paint?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Man that looks nice with the red calipers, well done!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks pretty sick bro. Did you paint both the cover and the wheels? I guess you had another car while you were patiently waiting for the paint to dry off? What kind of paint did you use? I'm guessing you did a primer and matte automotive paint?
thanks bro.. i painted the rims black and after it dried up, i taped it on the center and paint the rims edges with red. i used dupli-color engine enamel because of it's durability... the primer i used is the touch brite. white is the best primer.
i used my aunts car for a week while working on this project. thanks to her.. lol...

·
Registered
429 Posts
I really like that. You near WI. I need you to do this for me lol

·
Registered
209 Posts
what did u use for the engine cover

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys! @thecloner0 @LanceCourtney

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really like that. You near WI. I need you to do this for me lol
nah men! too bad we can't do it. i'm from NY... i'll post DIY maybe next week so you can do it.. i'll put step by step...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks good! I'm really thinking of painting my wheels black too. You had the car sitting on jacks?
yeah men.. one week on jack stand. i did put a support on my springs also..

·
Registered
396 Posts
I for one do not like black rims especially on black cars, I think it's a fad that is going to wear off pretty quick and there is going to be a HOARD of black rims on eBay and kijiji!

·
Registered
224 Posts
where did you get that license plate holder thing? that is nice

·
Registered
49 Posts
Powder coating is the way to go, in my own opinion... but respect for taking the time and doing it yourself, not a bad job at all.

Points for creativity with the red, I personally love my stock wheels, could be just me....

·
Registered
429 Posts
I for one do not like black rims especially on black cars, I think it's a fad that is going to wear off pretty quick and there is going to be a HOARD of black rims on eBay and kijiji!
Solid black yes. The red strip gives it a touch of something I like... I want to paint the part that isn't chrome on the inside black

Sent via Cam Hend's tab

Reactions: epioidz

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Powder coating is the way to go, in my own opinion... but respect for taking the time and doing it yourself, not a bad job at all.

Points for creativity with the red, I personally love my stock wheels, could be just me....

yeah! powder coating is the best but we dont know how to do it, so i stick to spray paint which is cheap and easier to do..

·
Registered
833 Posts
I think you did a very nice job. i like the color and the red stripe looks good and came out great. if i was going to keep my stock wheels i would have also painted them as the cost of powder coating and dismount and mount and balance would have been about $350 in my area $60x4 prep and powder coat and $80 mount and balance. Good Job!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think you did a very nice job. i like the color and the red stripe looks good and came out great. if i was going to keep my stock wheels i would have also painted them as the cost of powder coating and dismount and mount and balance would have been about $350 in my area $60x4 prep and powder coat and $80 mount and balance. Good Job!
thanks bro!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts