9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hondasi.jpg Sup guys! Im kinda new here. Does anyone know how to paint honda si stock rims? Im planning to paint mine.

Im also trying to find the best color? Matte black or gun metal?

Im driving a black si.

Hope someone can help me? :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks nice men. My problem is i dont know how to do it? I have an idea in painting it but no odea in powder coating. But your wheels looks nice. How did u do it?

·
Registered
464 Posts
well either way ur going to have to sand blast them.... powder coating requires a special gunand then into an oven so it could dry properly...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh.. i see! since i dont have the tools for powder coating, i will stick to paint...

i really want to know how to do that. and i was thinking of what color should i put on my black si?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i've been thinking of matte black with red lips or gun metal... and i saw one this afternoon with gold rims, totally caught my eyes...

·
Registered
833 Posts
There is a '12 civic si owner who plasticoated his wheels on youtube. idk how long it would last but its cheap and you can easily remove it or re do it. around my area its $20 per wheel to dismount and mount a tire and the powder coat process costs $60 per wheel and that includes glass beading the wheels and all the prep work. idk how that compares with your area but i live in a very small town in the middle of nowhere. there is also the down time to factor in .oh yeah one more thing that was $80 x 4 = 320 and i just spent $540+ tax on black wheels and plan to try to sell my stock ones...it should almost offset the total amount spent.i hope this helps:dancingcoolsmiley:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a '12 civic si owner who plasticoated his wheels on youtube. idk how long it would last but its cheap and you can easily remove it or re do it. around my area its $20 per wheel to dismount and mount a tire and the powder coat process costs $60 per wheel and that includes glass beading the wheels and all the prep work. idk how that compares with your area but i live in a very small town in the middle of nowhere. there is also the down time to factor in .oh yeah one more thing that was $80 x 4 = 320 and i just spent $540+ tax on black wheels and plan to try to sell my stock ones...it should almost offset the total amount spent.i hope this helps:dancingcoolsmiley:
i think i saw that clip in youtube.. but for now, i think we'll do it ourselves with my boys.. no sure about the process but we'll try..

·
Registered
367 Posts
I personally think bronze rims look nice on black cars, but I'm not sure how bronze will look like on the stock wheels.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I personally think bronze rims look nice on black cars, but I'm not sure how bronze will look like on the stock wheels.
we sanded down my rims already, it took us 4 hours. like 1 hour each rim. we'll continue painting on monday... hope it turns out well...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
we started sanding my rims yesterday. it took usa 4 hours to sand them. like 1 hour each rim. we'll continue painting on monday. hope it turns out well...

·
Registered
224 Posts
i plasti-dipped mine, i will post a pic in a few min just need to get my phone

·
Registered
397 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts