9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I know a lot of you have probably never heard of me (this is my first post) but I have a problem.

I removed my passenger seat and disconnected the 3 cables underneath. I did this all with my battery plugged in (I know I'm stupid for that but I forgot).

Anyways, my problem is that I get a message saying "Check airbag system". I read around online and people said that if you don't disconnect your battery and you get a message afterwards: a permanent fault that's registered in your car's computer?

I was wondering if there was any way of getting rid of this message. I've tried unplugging my battery (negative terminal only) for about 20 minutes and that didn't help. I'm not a mechanic or a technician or anything, but I'm slowly learning things (like not working on your car with the battery plugged in lol)

Also, does having this message mean that none of my airbags will deploy?

I'll attach some pictures in case anyones curious as to how it looks.

Thanks in advance. Please excuse my lack of knowledge.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat cover Family car Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Steering wheel

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well if the seat is still removed the message will always show the other airbags will still function

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
^ spam or a really good explanation for airbags?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
just for kicks...why did you remove the seat?

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
early morning to be banning...but i no likey spam....

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Plug it back in and pray... Why would this be spam but oh well, take that to the dealer tell me you were cleaning and unhooked those not knowing what they were for.

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
Plug it back in and pray... Why would this be spam but oh well, take that to the dealer tell me you were cleaning and unhooked those not knowing what they were for.

Sent from my iPad using AG Free
not the op spam..one of the posters comments was

1 - 11 of 11 Posts