9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ran this thing or have an experience with it? Those things were popular through the 8th gen, but I never hear about them for the 9th. I can't find anything except a few youtube videos and a thread from way back in the day but thats about it.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
It sure looks pretty but for over $500 I don't know if you will find many that have it. It's really just a short ram in a box...that said password jdm makes pretty good stuff. I used their cooling plate and a few other carbon bits.
The 8th gen intake was a different beast, it was massive and required a battery relocate.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sure looks pretty but for over $500 I don't know if you will find many that have it. It's really just a short ram in a box...that said password jdm makes pretty good stuff. I used their cooling plate and a few other carbon bits.
The 8th gen intake was a different beast, it was massive and required a battery relocate.

It was $200 off during black friday. I'll let everyone know how it goes. Yea I wouldn't mind getting one for the 8th gen when I do the RBC.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice, post pics of the install!!

I was thinking about doing a youtube video, not sure if i'm ready for the internet fame lol. In other news, the search function appears to work now since the redesign.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Intake should be here today. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Reactions: fahnix

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll post some pictures tomorrow when I'm at the office and supposed to be working, but overall impressions.......the intake itself is a nice unit, everything else about it is junk. Thing took me 2 hours to install. Not that i'm the greatest with a wrench(just ask modrid) but it took thirty minutes just to get the box into the rubber post things. The clamps that come with it are junk, the coupler for the pipe barely fits, and the hose for the v/c breather doesn't fit its too damn small. In addition to the hose not fitting the valve cover, the fitting for the intake isn't even attached to the tube, and just kind of sits in there. Ended up just taping the tube, and will block later and add breather filter to v/c. Car does pull a bit harder it seems, and it does look nice all said and done, but if I had paid full price for this and fought as hard as I did, I would have sent the thing back. So if you want a show piece this thing works, but if I hadn't had such bad experiences with cold air I would have went acuity. Hell I still might down the road.

Reactions: dpetro1

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Nothing ground breaking here, it's an intake. I think we all pretty much know how to install them. After driving to work today i'm beginning to like it a little more. Overall i'd rate 5/10. I'm gonna get a plug for the tube and bypass the hoses to clean everything up. I know not everything aftermarket just bolts in and fits like factory, but I feel like for the price this thing should retain all the factory stuff and the components should be nicer.

Reactions: procivic

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that thing is massive. i went with acuity recently. install was ok. just dont drive in puddles.
Man I was debating between the two. But I'm fairly low, and when it rains here it seems to do it for a week at a time. I've hydrolocked two cars in my driving career and I actually want to keep this one.

Reactions: Janz3n!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Man I was debating between the two. But I'm fairly low, and when it rains here it seems to do it for a week at a time. I've hydrolocked two cars in my driving career and I actually want to keep this one.
just checked out your instagram. you're not much lower than i have been. you get enough standing water to go over your fog lights? thats pretty crazy.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
725 Posts
Could have swore that PWJDM intake wasn't good compared to some others, thinking Vit did a comparison. Thing looks great with all that CF.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just checked out your instagram. you're not much lower than i have been. you get enough standing water to go over your fog lights? thats pretty crazy.
Yea it can get bad around me. Doesn't rain all the time, but when it does it seems to be a lot. That combined with the never ending construction seems to form lots of puddles.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Could have swore that PWJDM intake wasn't good compared to some others, thinking Vit did a comparison. Thing looks great with all that CF.
Probably, but I think it looks good lol. Probably should have went with Acuity, but after some tweaks i'm happy enough with it.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
725 Posts
Probably, but I think it looks good lol. Probably should have went with Acuity, but after some tweaks i'm happy enough with it.
What did you tweak? Tuning? Looks good though.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What did you tweak? Tuning? Looks good though.
Bypassed the breather hose since the fitting on the intake was janky and the wrong diameter. Cleaned those up, put a breather on the V/C. Put a plug in the intake tube. Runs good with it. Probably not faster, but sounds good and I was getting 30 mpg on my holiday trip. Will do sirimoto throttle body next and a retune.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts