9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pea Size Flake is starting to Rust on Hood? I have no idea how that happend? I have 10k miles and some will honda fix this issue for me?

IMG_20120523_151549.jpg IMG_20120523_151544.jpg

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
that aint good...i hope honda fixes it for ya....

·
Registered
185 Posts
That Sucks man..Really does appear to be a rock that blasted though the base and primer... Unfortunately not Honda's fault...Best bet is to clean toughly and touch up.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Are you sure that's rust? I looks like bird poop. If it is rust, it was definitely a stone chip, a big stone. Check with the dealership because sometimes they'll be able to squeeze it in as a warranty claim. Even if you have to pay out of pocket it won't cost much and it's easily fixable by any reputable body shop. Since it already rusted, I don't think touch up paint will be a good idea. That whole section has to be sanded, primed, repainted and sealed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got one of those, right on the leading edge, in the first week. Rains a lot here so there's a hint of rust now. I'm just going to brush a tiny bit of phosphoric acid on it to neutralize the rust (turns it into a reasonably toothy base to hold touchup paint) and then touch it up.

·
Registered
158 Posts
It also looks like its rusting under the paint left side of the chip if I'm not mistaken, if it is that rusty chip could be spread out under the paint, do you have a rustproofing warranty with honda?

FB2 squad #10

1 - 9 of 9 Posts