9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new here. I don't actually own a 9th gen, but the 20012 Si motor, with a turbo hung off the back, is in my Atom. I'm looking for a shop on the peninsula for basic maintenance. Does anyone know of a good one?

I'm in Palo Alto, and work a lot, so a shop in or nearby is best. I know a couple East Bay shops I like but they aren't open weekends. I do my own oil, brakes, etc. but I'd like to have someone read the plugs and adjust the valves every year, stuff like that. The authorized service station is in SF, but ain't nobody got time to trailer the car up there and take whole days off work. PM me if you don't want to post up names.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to the local Honda dealer when I first got the car, and they told me to find an import tuner shop to work on it. I just want to find a place that knows boosted Hondas, so they can catch any issues I miss.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Awesome. The closest shop to you I can think of that knows hondas specifically is Blacktrax. If you want to give some BMW shops a try, they know turbos since they support Dinan Motorsports.

Just search Blacktrax, they've been around for quite sometime.

An old build that was amazing was an RSX that made over 600hp turbo'ed

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Newbie! There's only one guy I know who has a K24 boosted Atom that lives in Palo Alto and he's a total jerk! Just kidding! Just giving you a hard time, man! I got my tune at Blacktrax and they've got a decent shop plus a lot of talent. They're by the great mall. You gonna give them a try or what?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Newbie! There's only one guy I know who has a K24 boosted Atom that lives in Palo Alto and he's a total jerk! Just kidding! Just giving you a hard time, man! I got my tune at Blacktrax and they've got a decent shop plus a lot of talent. They're by the great mall. You gonna give them a try or what?
How much did it cost to tune at blacktrax?.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the responses everyone. Kdiggy is just mad I won't let him drive my cars after he spun my E30 :pinkohsnap:

·
Registered
539 Posts
What I meant was how much did it cost him so I could ballpark how much a tune for me would supposedly cost.
Hey Kakedo,

It all depends what is done to your car. A N/A setup is a lot different then a F/I setup. Do you have any fuel mods? What modifications have you made.
For example is he adjusting cam gears manually between runs? (Yes, I know this is not likely on a 9th gen)

The point is, each car is different. In most cases, I would expect it to start at 2 hours and go up from there.

-Fergy016

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hmm, has anyone heard of edwin's performance in hayward for tuning aside from blacktrax?
In Hayward my top shop choices are,

DNR Performance (Dyno tuning)
Motorsport Techniques

I've heard bad things about GST Motorsports Inc, but they are a WRX/STI/EVO shop.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hmm, seems like dnr performance is the same as edwin's performance from what I looked up the other night.

In Hayward my top shop choices are,

DNR Performance (Dyno tuning)
Motorsport Techniques

I've heard bad things about GST Motorsports Inc, but they are a WRX/STI/EVO shop.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts