·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Are you noticing fade?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A little. I was driving really hard the other night through the mountains and went through a section where there were a lot of turns and I got the brakes pretty hot. Then I came onto a straight and hit about 100 and when I hit the brakes something didn't feel right. I have also noticed, and duplicated, when hard on the brakes coming into a wide sweeper that the car seems a little squirrely. I don't think that is the pads, more likely the soft suspension or all-seasons. Just thought I'd mention it if anyone else has noticed it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ebc does but they are 120 a pair. Squirrely sounds like the suspension. What pressure a you running in the all seasons?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Anyone found the correct EBC Red Stuff Brake Pads for the '12 Si yet?

I have ordered 3 sets of EBC Red Stuff front brake pads from 3 different vendors for my '12 Si and all 3 are not the correct pads. EBC shows DP31254C as the correct part but they are not.

Anyone found the right EBC front pads yet?

Thanks.

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
Skrub, I think your rotors disc may be warpped causing the brakes wobbling.
yeah... I know... I also know that if I get new ones they're just going to do the same damn thing. If I resurface they probably won't pass inspection. I went through the same crap on my last car. I think it just comes down to the stock disks and pads are junk.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So, I have a question. This is a rookie question buuuuuut what is it that makes my car stop faster? Is it a combination of discs and pads or will pads help a good amount?

What I'm getting at is I have a 2012 LX sedan so I have those crappy drums in the back and small discs up front. What is the best way to decrease my stopping distance? Right now rear drum to disc conversion is out of the question and I hear its difficult anyway.

Soooo ladies and gents. Any help you could provide would be awesome. Thanks in advance! :eek3dancesmiley:

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
yeah... I know... I also know that if I get new ones they're just going to do the same damn thing. If I resurface they probably won't pass inspection. I went through the same crap on my last car. I think it just comes down to the stock disks and pads are junk.
Put EBC rotors on my 08 Si after the OEMs wore out, they were good, no warpage or wobble.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.