9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any imput on whats a good clutch for a turbo set up.

I understand i need 8th gen flywheel, and clutch to fit my 9th gen si. J

just want some real feedback on whats good, what crap.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
ACT.... I swear by em. I never had any issue with them. They may be more money compared to Exedy or Competition clutch. But I know ACT works for sure.

Did you boost your 9th Gen!?!?!?!?! :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ACT.... I swear by em. I never had any issue with them. They may be more money compared to Exedy or Competition clutch. But I know ACT works for sure.

Did you boost your 9th Gen!?!?!?!?! :D

No not yet getting everything ready before I slap the turbo on, which friction plate and pressure plate would you rec for about 400 hp 330 torqe

·
Registered
59 Posts
can we use after market flywheels? i think i read somewhere that you couldnt for some reason... can anyone chime in?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
can we use after market flywheels? i think i read somewhere that you couldnt for some reason... can anyone chime in?
I've also read that a Lightened flywheel will trigger some sort of CEL light. Which code I don't know. But I do know that the trigger will put the car in limp mode.
Just stick with a stock unit until more light is shed on the flywheel issue.

The ACT-XGT6 will hold the power your looking for.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i've also read that a lightened flywheel will trigger some sort of cel light. Which code i don't know. But i do know that the trigger will put the car in limp mode.
Just stick with a stock unit until more light is shed on the flywheel issue.

The act-xgt6 will hold the power your looking for.

sent from autoguide.com free app
the cel issue is not a problem you can disable it with hondata, the cel light is for misfire detection. No biggy!

Where can i get an act clutch for a descent price

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
PRL seems to love their CC Stg4 Clutch with OEM8thgen Flywheel...

·
Registered
549 Posts
Procivic carries ACT and Competition Clutch. If I had to choose out of those two, my preference is ACT and I would select the performance disc because I want a full face w/springs. I also would upgrade the flywheel as suggested so I don't have to get the stock flywheel turned.
Turned is like the brake rotors when putting new pads on, they take a layer off to ensure it is not warped, out of round, and able to seat the new clutch disc.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
procivic carries act and competition clutch. If i had to choose out of those two, my preference is act and i would select the performance disc because i want a full face w/springs. I also would upgrade the flywheel as suggested so i don't have to get the stock flywheel turned.
Turned is like the brake rotors when putting new pads on, they take a layer off to ensure it is not warped, out of round, and able to seat the new clutch disc.

stock flywheel dont fit the performance clutch, 8th gen flywheel must be used.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i just checkedmy flashpro no where does it have a place to just disable anyrhing..

·
Registered
59 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts