9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering if anybody knew if there were bolt-on performance parts for the Honda Civic Natural Gas car?

I currently have a 2007 Si sedan, but I have a long commute and want to spend less on fuel. Obviously the CNG car has less power and an auto trans so I was wondering if there was a way to add a little bit more power and also help gain a few extra mpgs. Do parts for the regular gas 1.8 work on the CNG car. I dont need alot just like CAI, header, axle back etc. Thanks!

Oh and the parts need to be CARB legal...

·
Registered
196 Posts
I thought about getting a NG Civic, so I checked whether there were enough stations to go at least a thousand miles from my home. I found that the limited range of the vehicle, coupled with the paucity of NG filling stations, made it unlikely I would make it without being stranded. In addition, the NG stations that are out there rarely have the opening hours of gasoline stations. So if you are thinking of getting one, make sure that you can make your long journeys. I really doubt you will find performance parts for the NG Civic. For one thing, they are mostly being sold to fleet users, secondly, they are not being sold in enough numbers to justify investment in aftermarket parts. Lastly most parts makers do not have expertise in NG engines. You probably would need to stick with suspension and trim parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts