9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Picking up a 2015 Si Sedan with 57k miles on it soon here. The car is bone stock. I can tell from the Carfax that it has been in for oil changes but do not see any other maintenance items on there.

I'd like to make sure I get it caught up on all maintenance when I get it home. I'm guessing the transmission fluid could use a change, but is there anything else I should tackle on it right away?

·
Registered
959 Posts
when i got my 12 it had 55k and the moment i got it i did engine filter, cabin filter, trans fluid drain and refill, brake fluid flush, clutch fluid flush. Check brake pad thickness too if it doesnt show any brake services in the records

·
Registered
2015 si sedan : acuity/rbc/rdx/plm/hondata/etunez
397 Posts
when i got my 12 it had 55k and the moment i got it i did engine filter, cabin filter, trans fluid drain and refill, brake fluid flush, clutch fluid flush. Check brake pad thickness too if it doesnt show any brake services in the records
i will agree with this all of this ^^^

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought my 2012 si last week with 176k miles.
I changed the oil/ filter, cabin air filter, transmission fluid, topped off the brake fluid, made sure all the lighting works ( one fog light needed to be replaced)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Yea thats pretty spot on, might throw coolant in there and spark plugs too. Plugs probably aren't needed that early but they're relatively inexpensive and easy to do.

Reactions: Teeps

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I strongly suggest against "flushing" of any Honda system.
Drain and fill only...

Also, learn how to calibrate the TPMS, it's in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I strongly suggest against "flushing" of any Honda system.
Drain and fill only...

Also, learn how to calibrate the TPMS, it's in the owner's manual.
Even the coolant? I've heard about not flushing the auto trans, but not the coolant.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Even the coolant? I've heard about not flushing the auto trans, but not the coolant.
I would not use a flush system on the cooling system especially if the flush uses a chemical, other than Honda coolant.
(Anecdote:
I used the wrong chemical when flushing my tankless water heater and it ruined the aluminum heat exchange core.)

If the cooling system has been maintained at the Honda recommended interval a power flush is just, IMO, flushing your money into the dealer's pocket...

·
Registered
959 Posts
Ive only done a drain and refill on the radiator for the coolant. Did it when i installed my RBC manifold. I just did a trans fluid drain and refill about a month ago too even though it really didnt need it.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Ive only done a drain and refill on the radiator for the coolant. Did it when i installed my RBC manifold. I just did a trans fluid drain and refill about a month ago too even though it really didnt need it.
Worse that comes from fluid replacement too soon is to your wallet...

Also: ALWAYS USE PRE MIXED COOLANT.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Well luckily for me i do all my own services at the shop i work at and get everything at wholesale price too
Nice!
Back in the day I did too, for the same reasons.
Leasing cars, that included maintenance, for over 25 years has made me lazy...
Still, I take my car to the same dealer that serviced my lease cars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts