9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
I like it dropped on the stock tires the best too lol but thats probably because that's what I plan on doing until I save enough money for some really nice wheels.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Looks great to me. I'm betting you will end up with a '12 Si.
lol...part of me...actually 90% of me still wants it. I'm just worried from those reviews. I'm so impatient...I can't wait to at least test drive it.

9th gen civic si with the Enkei RPF1 Type RC looks better than the work equip.
It's a toss up for me, I'll know more when I actually put them on...as I know the photoshop doesn't represent that well at times.

bad photoshop? thats pretty good man!!

..and ya for some reason I like the stock wheels on the drop the best lol
lol...yeah, I felt it wasn't that good because of the pic I had to use for the wheels and then trying to make the enkei's look like 18's and the works look like 17's (which I matched up with the stock wheels...but still looked bigger)

When I first saw the rear of the sedan, it reminded me of the old Camry. Now that I see it lowered, all my doubts are gone. It's pure sexy time! I can't wait to get mine in TW.
Yeah, the rear is killing me, but lowering it did help a bit. I was checking out Honda's virtual civic si and I think it may be the wing that is messing up the rear. The wing looks good, but then from the back it doesn't seem to help. I think if it just stayed flat on the back of the trunk it may help.

Love the Enkei's! I use to run that set on my NSX, really is a classic and rare wheel.
Yeah man! Nice wheels indeed. Would you believe I picked them up for 500! They don't look like they were used. No tire marks from having tires installed, no chips or nada. I got it at upgarage in Hachinohe, Japan.

By the way, was your NSX black? I found pics of a NSX with the wheels on to use.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
A few of us (US Air Force) stationed in Misawa headed out to this place called Miyako. The devastation is still there. It's nuts...we get there to help out and you just look around and think: "where the f u c k do I start!?".

For this trip though, we went to cook/serve "American food" to the Japanese that are victims of the Tsunami there. They were quite pleased with the food. Feel sorry for these people...you just don't quite get the feel for the devastation until you get there. This was all voluntary...I plan to go help out this coming Wednesday where we will be working strictly on picking up debris (and from what I've heard...you may run into things you don't want to see).

These pics are from the drive over there:
Debris all over the place

Random spots being cleaned

Arriving in an area where their used to be a cement wall to protect against Tsunamis:

This walk way they went through...had Cement walls going in each direction...gone

You may have seen some of the bricks in the rubble in other pics

Foundation where houses used to be

Here we finally are cooking/serving food

·
Registered
214 Posts
Unbelievable!!

I think the world is amazed at both the enormity of the devastation and the stoic nature of the Japanese. Thank you for this post and your help there.

·
Registered
423 Posts
wow thats so crazy..cant begin to imagine what those people are going through..all we can do is pray..or help out like you are going to do!..big ups to you man! amazing for you to be taking part in something like this..every little effort helps.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Thanks for the pictures man, this is very interesting and amazing to see. It's so sad what's happened there, but now the only thing to do is to move forward, and it's awesome that you're a part of that there, everything helps the progress :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ya my car is black, it is most likely my car you have since I havent seen any other NSX's with this wheel setup online. Cant wait to see photos of the wheel on the car. Post pictures when you get them on!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Here's some new pics I took from when I went to Noda. This place was a mess...as most are. This time we were picking up debris...worked for about 8 hours. After I was done, I look around and feel like I haven't done crap!

I found a couple of photos laying around...as you can see, they do care about that greatly and look everyday to see if something of theirs has turned up in the mess

And here's a pic of me...I didn't know what to do for this pic, lol...one glove off because I was taking pics

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
what does that stone tablet behind you say?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
what does that stone tablet behind you say?
I have no idea. The translator wasn't around at the time. When I saw it, it seemed as if though it was there before the tsunami. It seemed like some kind of central area of the neighborhood (or lack of) I was in. Like a pond/garden...not sure honestly...I could be way off.

I was told by a Japanese that they had asked for the US military to help the most and that they wanted us over the their own military...crazy!

21 - 40 of 49 Posts