9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a cheap way to mount my camera in my car, there are some stands, or I was thinking just getting a cell phone window mount and pointing it on side or something, but then I am worried about starting and stopping it, or just letting it run then shut off .... suggestions please, I want to show them that this is not normal, they said it can happen once in awhile, I want to record in all conditions. Suggestions?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please describe what noise you are talking about first, it may change suggestions on how to record it.
when i am in 1st gear, never had this issue till 10k miles, I put it into first, when letting off clutch / leveling the gas and clutch evenly it makes a loud squeel, also does it in reverse. Turning traction off makes it better sometimes, but it still happens. So I took it to my Honda I worked at, I know the owner, and his son. The tech heard it during our drive he said oh it could be clutch plate, clutch bearing, clutch bearing screw, or all of them. He told me verbally don't change it it's going to happen again, I said what? He was telling me politely to f* off due to aftermarket intake and exhaust, he didn't even lift it up. I called owners son, and emailed my vin and problems inside and out, the service manager wants to re-produce the sound even tho the tech did it already, told them about moss act they got scared, they already broke it by not seeing it / checking in the air. He said bring it by and I will re duplicate the noise, I said alot of people are having this issue, he told me that he got the copy of my email, and he said someone from Honda corporate was there and saw it also, he said that Si's will squeel normally sometimes? He said due to high performance clutch, I said no! I tried to show him a forum, rather read it to him in message, he said he doesn't care, they have to make sure the parts didn't cause this issue. I haven't gone to see him yet, I am in another state / city, and the guys are real cool at the dealership and they did something for me that would have costed just a mechanic fee for my shifter boot / knob, issue I had with someone who cross threaded my shifter assy at top, so I wanted to record this noise, and this other noise that comes from dashboard when I turn my car on. My front seats need replacing , they are wearing, also the floor under the passenger front side undid itself from the damn chair, my gps is messed up, and my sub is too. Advice?

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Damn, Honda should hire you as a gremlin and just load your car with monitoring devices.

Seriously, I am not sure the location really matters that much so start with it under the dash area/footwell on the driver's side. See if that location captures the sound and if not then move it by trial and error until you get the results you need. Sounds like it is repeatable enough it should not take too long. You are only trying to get the audio right?

·
Registered
70 Posts
My truck clutch has squeeked like that for the last ~40k miles... I researched it a bit and something to the effect of plastic clutch wear bushings that wear out - not a big deal and they will wear out periodically. Thread didnt point to any damage - just a noise (probably as a friction reducer for smoother operation, not service life)

Point is, I wouldnt have large concerns that you are going to damage your transmission - that being said, pursuing a fix is another issue.

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts
I am looking for a cheap way to mount my camera in my car, there are some stands, or I was thinking just getting a cell phone window mount and pointing it on side or something, but then I am worried about starting and stopping it, or just letting it run then shut off .... suggestions please, I want to show them that this is not normal, they said it can happen once in awhile, I want to record in all conditions. Suggestions?
:moved:Audio/Video & Navigation

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My truck clutch has squeeked like that for the last ~40k miles... I researched it a bit and something to the effect of plastic clutch wear bushings that wear out - not a big deal and they will wear out periodically. Thread didnt point to any damage - just a noise (probably as a friction reducer for smoother operation, not service life)

Point is, I wouldnt have large concerns that you are going to damage your transmission - that being said, pursuing a fix is another issue.
well its a known issue with them, and some people on here and he wants to reproduce the noise even tho they have done it I want to record it and just show him.
Damn, Honda should hire you as a gremlin and just load your car with monitoring devices.

Seriously, I am not sure the location really matters that much so start with it under the dash area/footwell on the driver's side. See if that location captures the sound and if not then move it by trial and error until you get the results you need. Sounds like it is repeatable enough it should not take too long. You are only trying to get the audio right?
lol yeah something like that. I am going to do jus that
thanks digger sorry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts