Planning on Buying a 2013 SI

6K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  AlienPrime 
#1 · (Edited)
delete

DELETE

double posted lol

#2 ·
Sup 9th,

My 8th was totaled and I'm planning on purchasing a '13 SI :smile: How should I go about this to get the best price? Should I make a deposit at a dealership? truecar.com? I'm assuming once it comes out, prices will remain at or above MSRP as demand would be high. Is pre-ordering a good option as opposed to purchasing as soon as it comes out?

Excuse my noobyness haha Dealership hookups? :p

Thanks,
TW_FB6

#3 ·
IMO Just get a 2012 at the end of the year dude! Dealers are going to want to be clearing the lots for the 13's, and if you wait until the end of the month it will be even cheaper since they always wanna make quota. I assume the changes on the upcoming 13's are going to be minor anyways. Doesn't matter what year you get your always going to be wondering if you should have waited until next year. Any new car is only "new" until the next year anyways! Again this is what I would do. If you wanna wait for the 13 go for it! if you do I suggest waiting 4 or 5 months after its released XD Good luck to you.

#4 ·
According to this:
the acura+honda blog.: 2013 Honda Civic MMC Changes
there are going to be plenty of changes that I would be interested in. Personally, coming from an 8th, the 9th Sedan doesn't look as aggressive and hopefully the 13 model will be promising. This is going to be my first actual purchase as my last car was a lease and I'm hoping to have a quality car, including the interior. I guess its better to judge off of actual promises than speculation, but we will see. I just want to know a good "plan of action" so i would not pay a ridiculous mark up price due to "incredible demand" and such.

#5 ·
i would suggest going to the dealer and talking with the dealer about pre-ordering the '13 Si considering what it will be like when its first realeased

#9 ·
I don't see you being able to haggle very much if you get the 13 model. New year and seems like theres going to be a good enough amount of changes.
yeh thats true!

#8 ·
The '13 will probably be selling at or real close to MSRP. Probably not over. There are too many 8th gen guys who don't like our "crippled exhaust cam" and "lazy torque" plus all the hype spilling over to the Subuyota twins.

TrueCar isn't a bad idea, neither is Costco pricing. If you have a dealership that agrees with that pricing plan, you can often get that price. Pre-ordering may disqualify better pricing and land you at MSRP. Good hunting!

#11 ·
TrueCar isn't a bad idea, neither is Costco pricing. If you have a dealership that agrees with that pricing plan, you can often get that price. Pre-ordering may disqualify better pricing and land you at MSRP. Good hunting!

Yes shop around see what you can find :)

#13 ·
You'd probably have the best bet when you pre-order to get all the options you want...you'll just have to wait for it. Otherwise, you'll probably be searching the dealer network for the one you want.

Summers most definitely worth the $200 upgrade. The all-seasons that came on the '12 kinda suck IMO.

#20 ·
Then you may not be able to wait around until December before they let dealers know what the '13 officially has and start to deliver them.

#21 ·
Gonna need. Second set if you are driving in the winter, or get much snow..... Wen I first got my EVO the summer tires were scary as hell even with AWD LOL never again! It was toyo proxes 4's all the way after that... And I loved those tires...

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

#22 ·
Good luck getting msrp when it first comes out. I paid a lil under 27 k for mine with navi. But i had the first one in 150 miles from me back in august 2011. Not seeing one for months at the dealership after i bought it. After that a lot of people on here got great deals that i was jealous of. But it does feel good to have a car nobody has yet. But the earthquake in japan had a lot to do with the skyrocketing prices. "Market adjustment" is what they call it when they have high demand and low supply.

K24Z7 Crew Member #45.

#23 ·
Your not going to get much of a deal on this car. Truecar.com the avg market savings is only like $125. One thing I did like about ordering one like I did last year, was that I was able to pick the color and the options. Like I even told them don't put the factory tint on there because that costs you an extra $199 and then after you buy the car and you end up wanting darker tint, you have to pay more to get your old tint taken off.

#24 ·
Alrighty guys/gals. I work for a Honda dealership. When a new model is out especially if its a face lift or re design the true car/ Costco pricing doesn't work, at least here in Orlando. We politely tell consumers that if they want to haggle on price than we will do so on LEFT OVER units not on new units. Especially a centennial vehicle like the SI. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#25 ·
Alrighty guys/gals. I work for a Honda dealership. When a new model is out especially if its a face lift or re design the true car/ Costco pricing doesn't work, at least here in Orlando. We politely tell consumers that if they want to haggle on price than we will do so on LEFT OVER units not on new units. Especially a centennial vehicle like the SI. Hope this helps.
Agreed... if you positively have to have a 2013 and you need it a.s.a.p. Shop around (in person, on phone or even better yet... most dealers have an internet sales dept. that will work with you via email). If you find one that will guarantee MSRP pricing.... take them up on it. But as other’s have said, now is a great time to get a 2012; I picked mine up about three weeks ago and got an Si coupe (base) for $2300 below MSRP (plus free tint). My dealer told me that Honda is currently offering them an incentive to move out their 2012s (have no idea what the details were around that). I was thinking about waiting for a 13’, but I truly could not be happier with my 12’. As mentioned before… there will always be a newer model that you could have waited on.

#26 ·
I've also seen 6 used 2012 Si coupes for sale ranging from 2k-18k miles

#28 ·
Carmax has 5 on their website right now actually
Repo's Lol
Its actually a good way to get a deal on a car.

#27 ·
Carmax has 5 on their website right now actually

#29 ·
The SI won't see any kind of performance enhancements. Just cosmetic.
The big difference with with the norm civic like LX and so forth. Basic LX trims will now have Bluetooth and rumor of a back up camera.

#30 ·
Odd that they are re-designing the Sedan as, IMO, it looks aggressive enough and better than the 8th Sedan (like I said, IMO) and as for an interior re-design, although I prefer a traditional analog speedo/tach design, I've gotten used to and come to love the way it's currently setup. To each their own I guess.....but if you want a good deal asap, buy a '12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.