9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys....the dealership offered me 24,000$ out the door for the ex with navi....what yall think ...is it a good deal?

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Welcome to the 9thGen! You can check out TrueCar.com - use it only as a tool to show you some averages paid at "TrueCar" dealers. not all dealers participate, but still will give you an idea. use it as a guide, maybe help negotiate some. I was told by my dealer the time to negotiate would be later in the year, as Honda production is still slow, but picking up...

Just remember, someone will ALWAYS get a better deal. if you need/want the car and are happy with the price...go for it. Maybe if youre not 100% comfortable with it, see what they will include like accessories or maintenance.

There is a thread about what people paid on here, check that out too, i think its under the General section.
Good luck!

·
Banned
89 Posts
As long as you get a good rate and it's definitely what you want, I'd say go for it :2thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
So did you get it?:wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nahhh that salesman lied hahahhaah he told me on the phone 23000 but when i arrived at the dealership he told me 24,000 so i was like fck that n just walk away...ima wait til nov so maybe i can get a good deal

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
$24K otd with navi is not the best but a good deal.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
good job bro, i would walk away too. there's one thing i hate more than buying a car is being lied to when im buying a car! i understand everyone needs to make money but when you quote me a price and then pull the "oops my numbers were off" crap it really gets to me.

Honestly, i would call the GM for that dealer and tell him that he offered you 23k on the phone, you went to pick up the car and they lied to you. tell them you will report them to the BBB and contact Honda Corporate as well for this Bait/switch tactic.

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
dang... wouldve been great if you got it for that price. i got my LX for about 20.5k out the door. nonetheless, smart move and congrats on your future civic LOL. until then, best of luck getting a good deal!

·
Registered
334 Posts
good thing you did not...get it

:cheerleader1:i got my 2012 Civic EX-L Navi TW, stone leather with extended warranty and security system $24,875 OTD

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Price drop in small cars predicted

if youre plannin to buy the new civics ...its better to wait till the end of the month. i read this article " the average new compact car which cost a record $20500 in junne, should fall to about $19300 by the end of the year" small car price should start fallin in sept. and accrlerate through the end of the year.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Yep its always better to wait until the end of the year for a new car. Most dealers want to clear out their current left over stock so sometimes besides manufactuer incentives there's specials the dealerships have too. It's even easier to bargain with prices then.
I'm sure Honda will have their stock back to normal by then so I wouldnt doubt they'll be some good deals come the end of the year.

We didnt want to wait simply because we have no idea what resale values will be like then and since we got crap for a trade in for our Mazda 3 at only 48,000 I can imagine how much less we'd get with over 50.
We could have sold it flat out, but that always takes time......if it will even sell.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
I wanted a new car in May/June. I went to Honda looking at Civics, the dealer had 2012's in stock. Couldnt believe 2011's and 2012's were almost the same price. Made no sense to me to get an 8th gen when i could get the 9th for similar price.
Its also hard because we are dealing with next MY already, alot of brands will lower prices in summer "dog days" to make room for the next MY. i bet 2011's are holding price since the shortage of 2012's...usually this doesn't happen though.

I posted my info in the OTD price thread, but i feel i got a good deal, plus the trade in market is actually going up. My car was going to need work, that i dint want to take out of my pocket.
So i got a good trade in, a good price, and now am a happy Honda driver. While i agree, this fall once production is up, prices will likely come down, doesn't mean all buyers should wait. Don't go in blind to make a purchase is my best advice! Know what your trade is worth, and know what you SHOULD spend on the car of choice.

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
im in the same boat as MikeWa. i needed and wanted a car in May or latest earliest June. Waiting until the end of the year for better deals and all would be great, but im headin off to college this sept and needed a car :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yay got my new civic today

hello guys im really excited i got the black civic coupe EX without navi but dnt really need navi since theyre gonna charge me 1800 for it....ill just buy one at target for 60 bucks hahaha anyways i had to get it bcuz the internet manager told me they had some internet price goin on and what not

19925 plus tax and ect....

21700 out the door price with 2.9 % for 48 yrs and my montly is only 326 ( thats right) with 7,000 down... good deal huh? yeah ill post some pics later :DDDDDD

1 - 20 of 45 Posts